Battery reset button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery reset button

I have a number of Z-Wave devices which report battery status, but they only do so when it changes and tend to miss when a new battery is installed.

Here are two scripts which will add a "Reset" button to the battery device, which then calls a script to set the value to 100(%).

Put this script in yous scripts folder, named battery_reset.vb, to be called by the button:

Code:
    Sub Main(parms as object)
      Dim ref as Integer = CInt(parms(0))

hs.WriteLog("Script", "Battery reset button device " & ref)

hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(ref, 100, true)
    End Sub
    For each battery device, use this command in Script Commands (HS4) or Control Panel (HS3), replacing REF with the device reference:

[CODE]
    hs.DeviceScriptButton_AddButton(REF, "Reset", 1.0, "battery_reset.vb", Nothing, Nothing, 1, 1, 1)
    [CODE]

Tried this and go this error on HS4. Used the Script Commands in the Tools Menu. HS added the "&".

8/21/2020 11:26:07 PM
    HomeSeer
    System
    Control Panel Immediate Script: &hs.DeviceScriptButton_AddButton(214, "Reset", 1.0, "battery_reset.vb", Nothing, Nothing, 1, 1, 1))

8/21/2020 11:26:07 PM

HomeSeer
    Error
    Running script(2) &hs.DeviceScriptButton_AddButton(214, "Reset", 1.0, "battery_reset.vb", Nothing, Nothing, 1, 1, 1)), init error: Syntax error

Comment

Figured out the problem. You have a extra ")" at the end of the add button script command. Should be:

Code:
      hs.DeviceScriptButton_AddButton(REF, "Reset", 1.0, "battery_reset.vb", Nothing, Nothing, 1, 1, 1)

Comment

Originally posted by srodgers View Post
        Figured out the problem. You have a extra ")" at the end of the add button script command. Should be:

Code:
        Thanks for the correction.

Comment

New problem. I updated to HS4 V4.1.4.0 and When HS4 restarted all the battery reset buttons were gone. Does this change persist across restarts or did the HS update kill this mod?

Comment

Just restarted and again the reset button disappear. I like this mod so will try adding the script line for adding the reset button to the startup.vb t restore them after each restart unless there is a better way.

Comment

Originally posted by srodgers View Post
              Just restarted and again the reset button disappear. I like this mod so will try adding the script line for adding the reset button to the startup.vb t restore them after each restart unless there is a better way.
              Thanks for the info - I hadn't restarted HS4 since I re-added my buttons and see the same thing, they all disappear :-(

Will have to do the same with the startup.

Comment

I would like to try/use this as well (all my smoke detectors say 0%).

What do I do with the [CODE]
                [CODE]

Do I insert this in an event?

Thanks,
                Cor

Comment

Originally posted by Corvl1 View Post
                  I would like to try/use this as well (all my smoke detectors say 0%).

What do I do with the [CODE]
                  [CODE]

Do I insert this in an event?

Thanks,
                  Cor
                  1. Make sure the battery_reset.vb script is in your scripts folder.
                  2. Run that command for each device, either in an event or in the Script Commands / Control Panel option from the UI - replacing "REF" with the reference of your device.

If you're using HS4, unfortunately it forgets them on restart - but for that you can put it in a startup event to recreate them (see https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...artup-shutdown).

I have another script which helps with that - it takes a comma separated list of device IDs as a parameter and creates a button for each.

battery-reset-button.vb
                  Code:
                  Sub Main(parms as object)
                    Dim p() As String = CStr(parms).Split(",")

For Each ref as String in p
                      hs.WriteLog("Script", "Setting battery reset button device " & ref)
                      hs.DeviceScriptButton_AddButton(CInt(ref), "Reset", 1.0, "battery_reset.vb", Nothing, Nothing, 1, 1, 1)
                    Next
                  End Sub
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	272
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	1414435

Comment

Thank you,

I did as you described in your last post. I do get the reset button ( I tried a fibaro window -door sensor and a popp smoke detector) , but when I click the "reset" button , nothing happends.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-08-30 11_51_01-Devices.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	1415272

Thanks,
                    Cor

Comment

Is there anything in the log?

Comment

*edit* : got it; there needs to be 2 scripts in the scripts folder:
                        battery_reset.vb & battery-reset-button.vb

I only had the button-script

Thanks,
                        Cor

Comment

I know this forum is about scripts and development, but in case anyone was interested, there is a free plug in called SDJ-Health I'm using that does this -- monitors battery and provides with manual or auto reset upon battery change.

Comment

Working...
                          X