Help with Somfy IO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Somfy IO

I have just had a pergola installed on my terrace. It has three Somfy IO devices installed and naturally I'd like to integrate these into my HS3Pro setup. Am I right in thinking that I will also need to purchase some sort of Somfy interface in order to accomplish this? I've seen a MyLink - but I think this is only compatible with older Somfy RTS devices. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.

I’m unaware of a Somfy IO to Z Wave interface. The old RTS protocol is one way. We have the interface, but it just does control, not status. So we can tell the shades to go down or up, but Homeseer doesn’t know if they are down or up (I.e., if they are locally controlled to go down or up).

Comment

I have the same problem. I found Izymo transmitter.
      Maybe you could connect it to HS controlled relays. There would be no status info, but always something.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I shall look into it.

Comment

I second 's approach and just implemented it.

Outside, I have three awnings with Somfy IO. Although I could have gone for group control, I wanted to be able to control each awning individually. Working from this blog I found on controlling the Somfy Izymo 1822609 with a relay, I wondered whether I could use the NodeMCU ESP8266 (I've been buying them in bulk as they are a great way to control LED strips with WLED) instead. Of course you can! Tasmota provides a perfect solution to drive the relays.

Setting up Tasmota is super easy: flash the binary, bring it in your wifi network and configure the template to drive the relay(s). I went for an 8-channel relay but only use 6 relays: two for each IO control, one for up, one for down. Then enable MQTT so that you can use the excellent mcsMQTT plugin to be able to control each relay individually. See the Pi blog on how to wire things up.

My solution in HS3 is fairly basic and can no doubt be improved upon by folding the MQTT messaging into the device itself . I use a virtual device for each awning with an up, down and stop state. Events trigger from a change in state to send the appropriate messages over MQTT (up triggers relay 1 off and 2 on; down the other way around; stop switches both to off). Each awning has three events to correspond with the three states; all awnings are controlled in a single group by calling the relevant up/down/stop event for each individual awning.

Comment

The io-homecontrol protocol is used by both Somfy and Velux, so I believe you can use a Velux KLF 200 interface. I wrote some scripts to control my Velux roof awnings and blinds:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...klf200-control

I will probably get Somfy shutter motors in the future and am hoping to use this mechanism.

Comment

Bon Bridge works with Somfy
              https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...ig-screenshots

Comment

As far as I know, Bond bridge does not support Somfy IO_Homecontrol.
                It supports Somfy RTS but in that case better to use RFXCOM RFXtrx433XL as this device supports a lot more devices and cheaper compared to Bond Bridge Pro

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
                  As far as I know, Bond bridge does not support Somfy IO_Homecontrol.
                  It supports Somfy RTS but in that case better to use RFXCOM RFXtrx433XL as this device supports a lot more devices and cheaper compared to Bond Bridge Pro
                  You definitely don't need the Pro - it's mostly for professional installations.

And Bond Bridge supports huge list of devices, because it can learn both IR and RF signals of different frequencies (not fixed to 433 MGz)

Comment

Hi all - cross posting here from the Bond plugin board. I don't know anything about RTS or RFXCOM - trying to figure out which/what to learn to get my pergola and patio shades automated and stumbled on this thread. Here's my question in case anyone can help...
                    ~~~
                    I've got three outdoor shades on my patio with Somfy motors, and a Struxure Pergola with a motor for the Louvers.
                    1. The shades are controlled by a Somfy 74300 - France remote, which has a sticker on the back that says TELIS-4SOLIRIS-PATIO US GX420
                    2. The pergola is controlled by a Somfy 74300-France remote, which has a sticker on the back that says TELIS 4 RTS US PATIO GX431
                    I can upload pictures of each remote if useful; functionally they are identical (Up button, down button, my button, and a bottom "zone" button that toggles through four zones and all).

How can I tell if they will work with a Bond Bridge? (and/or what other suggestions would folks have? I saw RTS RFX plugins but nothing seemed particularly straightforward. I do have a MyLink for the Pergola, but not for the shades...and I'm not sure how/if I can program the pergola as a fourth zone on the shades remote).

My goal is to be able to automate opening and closing of these via Homeseer. In an ideal world I would be able to know the state of each shade and the pergola louvers (open or closed, or ideally how much open or closed they are) but that is not P0.

Thanks in advance.​

Comment

Originally posted by larrywal32 View Post
                      Hi all - cross posting here from the Bond plugin board.​
                      Please don't duplicate your questions. I replied there https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/wi...12#post1582312

Are you still on HS3?

Comment

@larrywal32:
                        Somfy IO is using bi-directional communication but is only supported by Somfy controllers.
                        Somfy RTS is a one-way communication without position indication. It is very easy to control Somfy RTS with the RFXCOM plug-in and RFXtrxUSB-RFX433.
                        You have a possibility to assign one preset in the Somfy RTS motor.

Steps to be taken in the RFXCOM plug-in:
                        1 Add a Somfy RTS Output device.
                        2 Put the Somfy motor in pairing mode to add a new remote (this RFXCOM output device)
                        3 Click the Program button on the RFXCOM device
                        Now you are able to control the Somfy RTS motor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RTS.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	1582326

Comment

Bond bridge supports Somfy RTS https://forum.bondhome.io/search?q=somfy

Note: no need for Bond Pro, original Bond bridge is sufficient.

Comment

Alex thanks; responded to your q about HS3 in the other thread! I am on it. Sorry for the duplication.Thanks also Bb_weijenberg! Ordered the Bond to start and will give it a shot; else good to know I have RFXCOM w/ RFXtrxUSB-RFX433 as a backup.

Comment

Working...
                            X