Modification History Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modification History Discussion

Any questions or thoughts, please post them here.
    -Tom

Visit Kernhome
    Kern Theater Gallery

(User: guest / Pass: guest)

Nice job as always Tom. Thanx.
    I just had to delete the WebWrapper code from the top and bottom of the code for it to work here. Already have 4 updates since installing it 10 minutes ago.
    Thanx.

Comment

nice, simple and clean.... I like it... Impressive.

I give it 4 stars....

Comment

Many thanks for this great page.

Jari

Comment

Thanks guys.

BTW, does anyone know how to set focus to the description field? Also, I can't seem to get AM or PM to show up in the date field. If you respone.write the value of sTime after line 49, you'll see that it's there. Why doesn't it show up in the default value of the textbox?
          -Tom

Visit Kernhome
          Kern Theater Gallery

Comment

Tom,
            For the focus change this line :
            PHP Code:
            response.write "<BODY>" 
            to:
            PHP Code:
            response.write "<BODY onload=""document.ModHistory.MD.focus();"">" 
            Change this line :
            PHP Code:
            response.write "<td class='tablerowodd'>Modification Description<br><TEXTAREA NAME='Descr' ROWS=2 COLS=80></TEXTAREA></td>" 
            To:

PHP Code:
            response.write "<td class='tablerowodd'>Modification Description<br><TEXTAREA NAME='Descr' ROWS=2 COLS=80 id=MD></TEXTAREA></td>" 
            For the AM/PM problem. You can not have a space in a value field change. Try this line. Note the inclusion of the ' :
            PHP Code:
            response.write "<td class='tablerowodd'>&nbsp;Date <INPUT TYPE='TEXT' NAME='Date' VALUE='" Date "&nbsp;&nbsp;" sTime "'></td>" 
            Last edited by Rupp; December 6, 2004, 08:12 AM.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

The setfocus still does not seem to work though I added the id attribute. Can you take another peek and let me know? The fix for AM/PM works great. Thanks for that.

Everyone,

I failed to optimize for 1024x768, so I made a change in the width of the description field to accomodate. Download the latest or just change COLS=72 on line 56.
              -Tom

Visit Kernhome
              Kern Theater Gallery

Comment

Tom, It working perfectly here. What browser are you using? I'm using IE.

Comment

Rupp,

IE 6.0 sp2 at work and at home. Doesn't work for me either place. I wonder what the difference could be?

If I start typing, the text goes nowhere, so I know that its not that I can't see the cursor.
                  -Tom

Visit Kernhome
                  Kern Theater Gallery

Comment

What is this setfocus thing?

Jari

Comment

Jari,

It's no big deal really, but I would rather not have to click into the description field before typing. It would be nice for the cursor to be sitting there automatically. Rupp says the change he gave me is working for him so I don't know...have you got the latest? How does it react for you?
                      -Tom

Visit Kernhome
                      Kern Theater Gallery

Comment

Tom,

OK, thanks for the info. I haven't tried the focus thing.

Comment

Tom,

Focus doesn't seem to work for me either (using IE 6.0.2800.1106). It's not a big deal, the asp-page is really great.

Jari

Comment

Are you guys running the firewall of SP2? This may be preventing it. Also other popup blockers may block this as well. As soon as the page loads the cursor is blinking in the description field on my PC at work.

Comment

Rupp,

I ran it from my automation server (which is still on SP1) and got the same result. There is a popup blocker on it , however, and I clicked allow popups from 2.3 but it didn't help.
                              -Tom

Visit Kernhome
                              Kern Theater Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X