Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Plugin HS3&HS4 - View-Manage HomeSeer Devices "Voice command" Enabled Setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I just installed the plugin - replacing the aspx - worked nicely. Sorry if I am being dense but what is an unapproved voice enabled device? I see some devices that I intended to have as voice control and some that I did not in the list. Wondering out loud that the ones that I did not are devices that were checked for voice automatically back when Homeseer did that every time you added a device? Thanks.

Comment

simonmason unapproved just means devices that you do NOT want to be voice enabled that HS has currently voice enabled. You can uncheck these and the plugin will change the properties of the device to remove the voice enabled settings. Approved just means that you used the plugin and told it to add the checked unapproved voice devices to the "approved" list. It is a way for you to track devices that you know and want to be voice enabled and see any new devices that you did NOT approve previously.

Does this make sense?
      ---------------------------------------------------
      Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
      jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

ok, to paraphrase. If I mark it as approved in the plugin then I know that I authorized the voice control. If Homeseer did it automatically, then it will show up here under unauthorized. But if I turn on voice control through the device check box outside of the plugin it will also show up here as unauthorized? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
          ok, to paraphrase. If I mark it as approved in the plugin then I know that I authorized the voice control. If Homeseer did it automatically, then it will show up here under unauthorized. But if I turn on voice control through the device check box outside of the plugin it will also show up here as unauthorized? Thanks.
          Yup! You got it... the plug-in offers a way of keeping track of only those devices you actually want to be voice controlled as well as mass disabling voice on the ones you do not. The primary reasons this is needed is that HomeSeer does not have a simple “voice enabled” device filter to show you all your voice devices and also by default in HS3 it voice enables new devices (or at least used to... not sure if it still does)
          jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

jeanv any plans porting to HS4?

Comment

Thanks. Very helpful. Now I have to figure out my events. In the Alexa app I show 73 scenes that are all working. In Homeseer none are selected any more. So somehow my homeseer blew away all of the check marks. When I try to add a check to a new event and discover devices Alexa finds nothing. I don't really want to reset everything here as I have built routines using these events. But I know where this road is going to end!

Comment

simonmason , my plug-in only focuses on voice activated devices not voice events since the voice events have to be manually configured. I have never tried voice activating an event. Usually I just create a device that is virtual and voice activated and tie its status to firing an event.
                jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                  jeanv any plans porting to HS4?
                  alexbk66, yes I really wanted to port it to native HS4, don't you recall all the back and fourth with the help in trying to get the HS4 web interface working? I really just became overwhelmed with the HTML interface for HS4.Now that some time has passed I will try to pick it up again and see if I have any better luck. I wish I understood the HS4 method for creating the web interface the way I understand the HS3 way of doing it. Sadly, it is a big barrier for me (and others from the comments).
                  jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Originally posted by jeanv View Post
                    alexbk66, yes I really wanted to port it to native HS4, don't you recall all the back and fourth with the help in trying to get the HS4 web interface working? I really just became overwhelmed with the HTML interface for HS4.
                    Yeah, I remember, what I meant - any progress on porting?

Comment

Thank you for this very useful plugin!
                      It was very useful to remove all voice-activated devices and have Google Home working again with Homeseer.
                      I just wish you could also find and manage the voice-activated events the same way, as it seems that they have to be re-synchronized the same way as devices, in order for the "new synchronization system with GH" to be OK.
                      I am mostly using events ...
                      Thanks again!
                      Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                        Thank you for this very useful plugin!
                        It was very useful to remove all voice-activated devices and have Google Home working again with Homeseer.
                        I just wish you could also find and manage the voice-activated events the same way, as it seems that they have to be re-synchronized the same way as devices, in order for the "new synchronization system with GH" to be OK.
                        I am mostly using events ...
                        Thanks again!
                        Try the PI from Jon00 here

Comment

Just installed this on the latest version of HS4 and I'm getting these errors:
                          3/18/2023 5:41:41 PM
                          HomeSeer
                          Error
                          Initializing plug-in(2): Manage Voice Devices Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an objectSTACK: Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x0014d] in :0 at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper(intptr,i ntptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(string) at Scheduler.PluginHolder.InitIO (System.String PortNumber) [0x0000b] in :0 at HSCore.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces () [0x000bc] in :0

Any help would be appreciated! System profile:

Date/time=3/18/2023 5:55:21 PM EDT
                          Version=HS4 Standard Edition 4.2.18.3 (Linux)
                          MONO Version=Mono JIT compiler version 6.12.0.182 (tarball Tue Jun 14 22:33:17 UTC 2022)

License=Registered
                          Confguration File=/usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/HomeSeerData.json
                          Uptime=0 Days 0 Hours 16 Minutes 33 Seconds
                          Lan IP=192.168.1.78 (lenovo-homeseer)
                          Device Count=913
                          Event Count=138
                          Plugins Enabled=drhsIpPlugIn:,IR Plugin:,EasyTrigger:,BLBackup:,NetCam Plugin:,Big5HS4:,UltraTivo3:,Z-Wave Parameters:,AK Weather:,BLLock:,BLLAN:,BLLED:,UPBSpud:,Shark Robot:,rnbWeather:,MeiKu:,Z-Wave:,Ring:,Device History:,SDJ-Health:,ScreenLogic:,SonyTV:
                          Modules/Threads=86 Modules, 133 Threads
                          Available Threads=798
                          HomeSeer Memory Used=293 Mbytes
                          Plugins Installed=ADIO-100 3.0.0.29,AK Bond 4.0.5.1,AK Remootio 4.0.5.0,AK Weather 4.0.5.45,Arduino 4.0.2.19,Big5HS4 3.7.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLLAN 2.0.45.0,BLLED 2.0.1.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLRussound 2.1.34.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 4.4.2.0,drhsIpPlugIn 0.0.0.31,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,IR Plugin 4.0.0.6,Manage Voice Devices 3.0.0.0,MeiKu 3.2.0.11,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.6,OMNI 3.0.2.23,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Pushover 3P 0.0.0.52,RaspberryIO 3.0.0.20,Ring 1.0.0.21,rnbWeather 4.4.2.0,ScreenLogic 2.1.3.0,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.4,Shark Robot 1.0.8068.17222,SonyTV 3.0.0.6,Ultra1Wire3 3.0.7364.22993,UltraTivo3 3.0.7956.26531,UPBSpud 3.0.0.54,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 3.0.11.0,Z-Wave Parameters 4.0.55.0​

Comment

I had originally written this code as an ASPX page here but HS3 support for ASPX was not very good and it would hang from time to time. I have completely rewritten the code as an HS3 Plugin. I have also documented and hosted the plugin on my own website since HomeSeer will no longer accept HS3 Plugins on updater.

When controlling HomeSeer via Voice Commands (Through Amazon Echo Alexa or Google Home) each device has a setting called "Voice Command" that is for some crazy reason enabled by default for every single device that is created. So any device created by you or created by a plug-in, will have this "Voice Command" enabled by default.

This Plugin allows you to view only the HomeSeer Devices that are Voice Enabled (via the "Voice Command" setting) and create a list of "approved" voice enabled devices and then remove the Voice Command setting from all other devices.

Here is my web site that supports this plugin: http://jeanwaregroup.com/home_automa...abled_devices/

JeanWare - HomeSeer 3 (HS3) Voice Enabled Device Management Plugin

Manage Your Voice Enabled Devices In HomeSeer 3 (HS3):

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_02.jpg Views:	901 Size:	194.9 KB ID:	1457332

One of the major pain points with HomeSeer 3 (HS3) is the lack of a simple way to view and modify all of your voice enabled devices. This problem is compounded buy the fact that HS3 automatically by default voice enables every device created. Whether that device is created manually or by a plugin makes no difference, it will be automatically voice enabled whether you want it to be or not.

How To Install The Plugin:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_03.jpg Views:	604 Size:	152.4 KB ID:	1457333

Unfortunately, HomeSeer does now allow for publishing new HS3 Plugins to the updater any longer as all plugins move to HS4 only. You will need to install this plugin manually, but it is a simple process. Just download the Plugin Zip File from the button below. Once downloaded, UnZip the file and copy the two files (HSPI_JeanWare_Voice_Enabled_Devices.exe and HSPI_JeanWare_Voice_Enabled_Devices.exe.config) into the root of your HS3 directory. Once done you can enable the Plugin.

Download the Plugin Here: http://jeanwaregroup.com/home_automa...abled_devices/

How To Use The Plugin:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_04.jpg Views:	625 Size:	243.1 KB ID:	1457334

Once the plugin is enabled, you will see a new menu item available from your "PLUG-INS" menu. Navigate there and click on it. After a few seconds the JeanWare HS3 Voice Enabled Device Management will display all your voice enabled devices and you can choose to add them to the "approved" list or remove them from being voice enabled. Each section explains the various options, and this is saved.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_05.jpg Views:	618 Size:	166.1 KB ID:	1457335

This should work on HS3 and HS4 as well as Windows and Linux

Please let me know if you have any problems or questions as well as any feature requests by posting here. I will be working on a HS4 native version of this Plugin next.

I get these errors on HS4 when trying to run the plugin:
                            System info below this.

Initializing plug-in(2): Manage Voice Devices Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an objectSTACK: Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x0014d] in :0 at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper(intptr,i ntptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(string) at Scheduler.PluginHolder.InitIO (System.String PortNumber) [0x0000b] in :0 at HSCore.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces () [0x000bc] in :0

Date/time=3/19/2023 11:47:05 AM EDT
                            Version=HS4 Standard Edition 4.2.18.3 (Linux)
                            MONO Version=Mono JIT compiler version 6.12.0.182 (tarball Tue Jun 14 22:33:17 UTC 2022)

License=Registered
                            Confguration File=/usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/HomeSeerData.json
                            Uptime=0 Days 18 Hours 8 Minutes 17 Seconds
                            Lan IP=192.168.1.78 (lenovo-homeseer)
                            Device Count=913
                            Event Count=138
                            Plugins Enabled=drhsIpPlugIn:,IR Plugin:,EasyTrigger:,BLBackup:,NetCam Plugin:,Big5HS4:,UltraTivo3:,Z-Wave Parameters:,AK Weather:,BLLock:,BLLAN:,BLLED:,UPBSpud:,Shark Robot:,rnbWeather:,MeiKu:,Z-Wave:,Ring:,Device History:,SDJ-Health:,ScreenLogic:,SonyTV:
                            Modules/Threads=143 Modules, 137 Threads
                            Available Threads=798
                            HomeSeer Memory Used=269 Mbytes
                            Plugins Installed=ADIO-100 3.0.0.29,AK Bond 4.0.5.1,AK Remootio 4.0.5.0,AK Weather 4.0.5.45,Arduino 4.0.2.19,Big5HS4 3.7.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLLAN 2.0.45.0,BLLED 2.0.1.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLRussound 2.1.34.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 4.4.2.0,drhsIpPlugIn 0.0.0.31,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,IR Plugin 4.0.0.6,Manage Voice Devices 3.0.0.0,MeiKu 3.2.0.11,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.6,OMNI 3.0.2.23,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Pushover 3P 0.0.0.52,RaspberryIO 3.0.0.20,Ring 1.0.0.21,rnbWeather 4.4.2.0,ScreenLogic 2.1.3.0,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.4,Shark Robot 1.0.8068.17222,SonyTV 3.0.0.6,Ultra1Wire3 3.0.7364.22993,UltraTivo3 3.0.7956.26531,UPBSpud 3.0.0.54,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 3.0.11.0,Z-Wave Parameters 4.0.55.0​

Comment

I will try and take a look at the issue this evening...
                              jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

I will try and take a look at the issue this evening...
                                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X