[ASP] Call Log Viewer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ASP] Call Log Viewer

This is the ASP page described here with a couple of my own customizations including:

Incoming and Outgoing calls are displayed via a Radio Button Selection
    Numbering column added on the left
    Simplified pulldown for the number of calls
    More (human) readable HTML passed to client (it helps me debug...)
    Intelligent capitalization of CID info (no more ALL CAPS)
    Added "Lookup Unknown Number" button for outgoing calls (uses Google)
    Uses the /includes/style.asp CSS style sheet
    --tableheader class
    --tableroweven class
    --tablerowodd class
    Uses /includes/header.asp for the header--you can customize
    Somewhat Intelligently lists outgoing calls as:
    **Invalid Number
    **Incomplete Number
    --Unknown

Please post any questions/comments/problems in the discussion Here.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dwoolridge; April 14, 2005, 07:10 PM.

Doug,

Thanks for the script, I installed it and got the following error when the script parsed the log file: (outgoing calls)

Script error: Invalid procedure call or argument: 'mid' Caller=Mid(Phone,1,InStr(1,Phone,"(",1) - 1) Phone=Mid(Phone,InStr(1,Phone,"(",1) + 1)

this happens when the outgoing phone number starts with a *, I use this for call forwarding. The script also refers to
    <!--#include virtual="/include/DDW-Footer.asp"-->
    which must be referring to one of your own custom footers.

again, thanks for making this script available

regards,

Fred Eversen

Comment

Version 0.2

I just uploaded version 0.2 which addresses the issue raised by Everson.

Any outgoing call preceded by a "*" is noted as a "**Telephone Function".
      Any number preceded by a "#" is noted as an "**Invalid Number"

Just a quick note: Please use the discussion thread for questions/comments on the script.

Comment

Version 0.3

Added ability to recognize outgoing calls of the format: "1-555-1212"

Comment

Doug- When a guest accesses my page s/he gets access to the outoging call log. They're blocked from incoming call log data, but if you click on the outgoing radio button you can see everything. I'll poke around in you .asp file and see if I see anything (it will need to be REAL obvious to me), but thought you might know exactly what to do.

Comment

Version 0.4

Fixed guests from being able to see outgoing call log details.

Comment

I updated to the new asp but outgoing calls can still be viewed. http://sekelsky.homeip.net:81 if you want to take a look.

Comment

Outbound being displayed

Take a look at the ASP file towards the bottom, after the line

' END DDW trying to separate into number and CID if exists...

You need to add an if to display 'protected' if it is a guest.

I have it working here and under the Touchpad Americana format.

ASP and buttons can be DL at my site.

Comment

Not working

I noticed that your in call_log is protected but, if you view the out log anf then then in log again you can see everythink.
                  Big bug here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyham
                    Take a look at the ASP file towards the bottom, after the line

' END DDW trying to separate into number and CID if exists...

You need to add an if to display 'protected' if it is a guest.

I have it working here and under the Touchpad Americana format.

ASP and buttons can be DL at my site.
                    Don- I tried looking at the code in the spot you mentioned, but don't see where I would need to add an "if," it all looks OK to me. I tried looking at your asp, but it looks like you handle this a little differently.

Comment

Form Submission changes AUTH_USER

I think I've found the source of the problem. Whenever you submit a form to a Homeseer .ASP page, the AUTH_USER server variable changes to "Username not set". It seems to change back to the correct user name when a form is not being submitted.

I'm posting a separate thread here to see if anyone else has encountered this. I'll put in a ticket with Homeseer if I can't resolve it there.

Sorry, I don't have a workaround for this right now. If you can think through the logic and find a workaround, please let me know.

Both Msekelsky and I are running HS v1.7.30

Kyham, I looked at your .ASP, and the logic lines appear to be commented out. I couldn't figure out how yours was working based on the .ASP available for download.

Thanks,
                      Doug W.

Comment

Yes I had to comment out some lines

The IF for checking the user doesn't work so I just forced PROTECTED

I had to add another PROTECTED display line towards the bottom of the ASP page so that outbound numbers were also not displayed.

The user name is always returned as Username not set so there is not much of an option.

I use the ASP page with protected numbers for all users and renamed a copy of the original ASP page that I can load if I want to see the real numbers. I made the original a special name ASP so you have to know it to use it.

Not neat but it works for me.

Comment

Version 0.5

Fixed the security issue for guest logins. (Really this time).

Homeseer v1.7.30 has an issue with using method="post" in a form tag. Removing the text "method="post"" from the form tag allows homeseer to return the correct AUTH_USER information.

Comment

Sorry for the delay in replying.. however my original problem has now been fixed just needed a subtle adjustment to the HS Phone book. Your script works just FINE

TrOjAn

Comment

I have tried to get this ASP working but get the foolwing error

HTTP/1.1 404 OK Server: HomeSeer
                              HomeSeer internal error
                              File: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\/includes/style.asp HTTP/1.1 404 OK Server: HomeSeer
                              HomeSeer internal error
                              File: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\/includes/header.asp
                              Script error: Type mismatch: 'customheader'Response.Send customheader("Caller ID Log")'==== Set the var. to be used

Any one have an idea?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X