Guardian Angel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guardian Angel

Can somebody tell me how to make Guardian Angel only restart homeseer and not reboot the computer.

Thanks,
    Bob

This is an excerpt from the manual that shows the contents of file test.vbs. Replace notepad with homeseer. Shortcut to Test.vbs would go in the startup folder when all done testing it.

To use it to monitor a processes presence then the following syntax may be appropriate. In this case notepad is monitored so it is restarted after it has been stopped for 10 seconds

Test.vbs

parm = "notepad.exe|0|10||notepad.exe|below_normal"
    q = """"
    CreateObject("Wscript.Shell").Run q & "C:\Program Files\Homeseer\GuardianAngel.exe" & q & " " & parm,0,0

Now open notepad and a few seconds later close it. Guardian Angel will reopen it 10 seconds later. Monitoring will start only after it has detected the application has started running or is already running. After action is taken the process must again start before it will be monitored.

Comment

Thanks Michael for taking the time to work with me on this. I seem to have hard time grasping it. You say to replace notepad with homeseer how do I do that.

Bob

I got it working, Thanks for your help.
      Last edited by rmuziani; January 25, 2005, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X