Streaming Audio/Video Webpage Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streaming Audio/Video Webpage Discussion

Post any questions, comments, or suggestions about the page in this thread. The File can be downloaded HERE
    Visit My Home Seer Site at:
    www.JohnWPB.com
    Created with LCARS

Impressed!!

It worked just like you said, "Straight out of the box". Very nice!!

Thanks. Terry

Comment

Very nicely done!

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Very Cool!

Now I just have to figure out how to get my cameras to stream!

Steven

Comment

Take a look at the Hauppage plugin

The plugin can take captures in single view, AVI format, and streaming.

I currently have the single and AVI function running on my site. I did have streaming until I installed SP2 which killed it. Just haven't had the time to go back and try to get it going again. It was simple to run as supplied, but as all of us here, out of the box is usually not EXACTLY what we each want. I have changed the ASP's to run under the Touchpad interface. It takes a little more effort though. If you are happy with the standard HS web pages, you should have no problem.

And support is EXCELLENT!!!!!

Comment

Karls,
              If you want an excellent streaming package look for Webcam32 on EBay. I've seen it for as little as $10. I use it along with iVista and they both work equally as well.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

insert Web Wrapper ?

What do I need to do so I can get HS menu to show on the top of your index.html page?
                HS4 Environment
                Proxmox win11 / HS4
                Netiom-Xap board
                Plug-In's
                rnbWeather 4.4.2.0
                mcsMQTT V6.15.1.0
                mcsXap V3.0.0.72
                Zigbee Plus V1.0.0.0
                Zigbee V4.0.11.0

There is no place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Well inserting the web wrapper entries into the index.htm like I have done on other pages caused it to stop loading the channels when clicked on. Reinstalling from the zip file over top of the edited files fixed the problem.

Funny, I opened the index.htm file with Frontpage, renamed it to original_index.htm to back it up. I then edit the index.htm file to add webwrapper and then it wont try to connect to the stream. I then removed index.htm, renamed original_index.htm to index.htm and still no connect. Reinstalling from the zip file over top of the edited files fixed the problem. Just editting it seemed to cause the problem. Further investigation is required.

Later, Terry

Comment

Ok well I will keep hacking on it. if I get it working I will post back. Thanks for the reply.
                    HS4 Environment
                    Proxmox win11 / HS4
                    Netiom-Xap board
                    Plug-In's
                    rnbWeather 4.4.2.0
                    mcsMQTT V6.15.1.0
                    mcsXap V3.0.0.72
                    Zigbee Plus V1.0.0.0
                    Zigbee V4.0.11.0

There is no place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Another sweet addition.

NICE WORK! One of the easiest add-ons yet. ...though your Ninja control page was a breeze too!

THIS is the stuff that makes the HS community GREAT! I hope SOMEDAY to be able to contribute SOMETHING cool if even mildly close.

THANKS!

Comment

Interesting. My security cameras are hooked up to modulators that transmit above the analog cable channels in the house CATV network. Can this plug in be used to command a CATV tuner card to tune to a specific cable channel, encode the video and transmit it over a broadband link to a remote browser?

Thanks,
                        Mike

Comment

Web Wrapper

I was able to utilize Web Wrapper by opening Index.html in Frontpage. Editing and saving html as an asp. Works great. Excellent John!!
                          - Pete

Auto mator
                          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Great contribution there John. It works fine in IE but not Firefox (my preferred browser). Whichever button I click, I get the NASA channel. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Comment

Just downloaded it, works great.

One question, you say
                              It comes configured with a selection of TV and Radio broadcast sites, that your can customize to your liking. I you use Windows Media Encoder, to stream your web/security cams, they can be easily added to the page as well.
                              How do you tell it to look at Windows Encoder for the video source?
                              sigpic
                              A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Working...
                              X