WeatherMan Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WeatherMan Errors

Is anyone getting errors with Weatherman lately? I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot it, but I am seeing the following error each time the script is run:

Script error in file: WeatherMan.vbs: 13:Type mismatch: 'Dewpointemp' in line 1142
    -Tom

Visit Kernhome
    Kern Theater Gallery

(User: guest / Pass: guest)

Tom,

From what I've seen searching recent posts, it looks like like everyone is looking for any reason to avoid weatherman.

Comment

Tom,
      Weatherman has nearly been abandoned for the newer and much better WeatherXML by Jeff Farmer. It does require a sign up a Weather.com but it's XML based and as such doesn't use web page scraping and this makes it rock solid. I haven't had an incident with it in months. You can get it here:
      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ght=weatherXML
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

I have been using WeatherXML in addition to Weatherman for quite some time. I love WeatherXML and all of the info and pages it brings. However, there are things throughout my system that read from virtual devices to make decisions, and I don't see a way to do that using WeatherXML. Now granted, I have not looked into modifying the script to store this info--it should not be that difficult. Guess I should go ahead and take time replace my WeatherMan device info with similar XML info.

Is there a chance that I missed this capability in the first place?
        -Tom

Visit Kernhome
        Kern Theater Gallery

(User: guest / Pass: guest)

Comment

What type of device info are you saving and I can answer if you can do it already with weatherXML
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Working...
          X