New DVD Releases Using Netflix RSS Feed [DISCUSSION]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated NetFlix

Folks - I updated the NetFlix package. You can read about it and get the new version here.

This is for HomeSeer 2.1 or later.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Script Error

What am I missing. When script runs I get (Error, this NewReleases.aspx is intended to be used with an updated, multi-queue version of NewReleases.VB)
      All I want is the new release DVD

Bob

Comment

You are not missing anything, you probably just did not do what is needed to set it up. There is a VB script and the ASPX page. You need to open the VB script in Notepad and follow the instructions for customizing it, then create an event in HomeSeer that runs it when you want. At a minimum, it should run once a week early Tuesday morning.

After you have run the script once, you should not get that error message anymore.
        Regards,

Comment

I get the same error.

Error, this NewReleases.aspx is intended to be used with an updated, multi-queue version of NewReleases.VB

I don't have a netflix account so I do not understand what I need to modify in the script to make this work.

Here is an exerpt of my log:

9/6/2007 9:51:13 PM NetFlix Downloading and Processing New Releases
          9/6/2007 9:51:13 PM NetFlix Downloading and Processing DVDs In The Queue for queue:
          9/6/2007 9:51:13 PM NetFlix Error finding channel tag in the file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\NewReleases\InQueue0.txt
          9/6/2007 9:51:13 PM NetFlix Downloading and Processing DVDs At Home for queue:
          9/6/2007 9:51:14 PM NetFlix Error finding channel tag in the file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\NewReleases\AtHome0.txt
          9/6/2007 9:51:14 PM NetFlix Downloading and Processing Recommended Movies for queue:
          9/6/2007 9:51:15 PM NetFlix Error finding channel tag in the file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\NewReleases\Recommended0.txt
          9/6/2007 9:51:16 PM NetFlix Error finding channel tag in the file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\NewReleases\Recommended0.txt
          9/6/2007 9:51:16 PM NetFlix Downloading and Processing DVDs In The Queue for queue:
          9/6/2007 9:51:16 PM NetFlix Error finding channel tag in the file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\NewReleases\InQueue1.txt
          9/6/2007 9:51:16 PM NetFlix Downloading and Processing DVDs At Home for queue:
          9/6/2007 9:51:16 PM NetFlix Error finding channel tag in the file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\NewReleases\AtHome1.txt
          9/6/2007 9:51:16 PM NetFlix Downloading and Processing Recommended Movies for queue:
          9/6/2007 9:51:17 PM NetFlix Error finding channel tag in the file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\NewReleases\Recommended1.txt
          9/6/2007 9:51:17 PM NetFlix Downloading Images for New Releases
          9/6/2007 9:51:22 PM NetFlix ASPX Error, this NewReleases.aspx is intended to be used with an updated, multi-queue version of NewReleases.VB
          9/6/2007 9:51:23 PM NetFlix Downloading Images for DVDs In The Queue for queue:
          9/6/2007 9:51:23 PM NetFlix Error, C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\NewReleases\InQueue0.txt was not found.
          9/6/2007 9:51:23 PM NetFlix Downloading Images for DVDs At Home for queue:
          9/6/2007 9:51:23 PM NetFlix Error, C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\NewReleases\AtHome0.txt was not found.
          9/6/2007 9:51:23 PM NetFlix Downloading Images for Recommended DVDs for queue:
          9/6/2007 9:51:23 PM NetFlix Error, C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\NewReleases\Recommended0.txt was not found.
          9/6/2007 9:51:23 PM NetFlix Error, C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\NewReleases\Recommended0.txt was not found.
          9/6/2007 9:51:23 PM NetFlix Downloading Images for DVDs In The Queue for queue:
          9/6/2007 9:51:23 PM NetFlix Error, C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\NewReleases\InQueue1.txt was not found.
          9/6/2007 9:51:23 PM NetFlix Downloading Images for DVDs At Home for queue:
          9/6/2007 9:51:23 PM NetFlix Error, C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\NewReleases\AtHome1.txt was not found.
          9/6/2007 9:51:23 PM NetFlix Downloading Images for Recommended DVDs for queue:
          9/6/2007 9:51:23 PM NetFlix Error, C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\NewReleases\Recommended1.txt was not found.
          9/6/2007 9:51:24 PM NetFlix ASPX Error, this NewReleases.aspx is intended to be used with an updated, multi-queue version of NewReleases.VB
          9/6/2007 9:51:25 PM NetFlix ASPX Error, this NewReleases.aspx is intended to be used with an updated, multi-queue version of NewReleases.VB

Comment

Without a NetFlix account, you will have some big modifications to make - it shows the new releases, but it also shows what is currently in your queue, what is at your home, and what your recommendations are. Those last three are personalized based upon your NetFlix account.

Feel free to modify!

This is the second revision of the version that has had the above personalized features, so it is not new.
            Regards,

Comment

This is the second revision of the version that has had the above personalized features, so it is not new.
              I'm not sure what you mean by this or what this has to do with my previous post.

All I want is the New Releases also, like the old old version.

I will go back to using the old old version. It still has all the names but doesn't show the pictures. No biggie.

I use Blockbuster Online

Thanks for the reply.
              Last edited by Darth Vader; September 7, 2007, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Looks like the script broke again (netflix must have changed something). I'm getting "NetFlix - WARNING(4): Invalid MovieID found, image not retrieved: 70103760?trkid=134852" type of messages when I try to run it.
                Regards, Bob

Comment

Yeah, I saw that and was hoping that it was just a temporary glitch so I left it alone to see if it would fix itself, but it did not... So, I fixed it just now, and I also added the ability to view the Instant Queue as well. So, as soon as I find where I posted the original distribution I will post the updated files...
                  Regards,

Comment

Rick

Just tried the update and now get the error messages (repeats for each movie):

11/11/2009 1:30:16 PM - NetFlix - Error, MovieID not numeric: 70124055?trkid=134852
                    Regards, Bob

Comment

Strange, I am not getting that. Why is there a track ID appended to the movie ID I wonder?

What type of NetFlix account do you have? Is it the type that can view the NetFlix Watch Instantly movies? Perhaps it is just the new feature that is reporting that.

Check the log and see what it says it was doing just before all of those appear.

I can edit the script and ASPX to handle this, but it makes no sense to do that if it is downloading data that you should not have in your account.

You did customize the VB script first, correct?
                      Regards,

Comment

My bad. I updated the script for my netflix information but did not execute it before going to the web page. All is good now. Sorry for the earlier post.
                        Regards, Bob

Comment

Do you have to have a NetFlix account to use this script?
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Without a NetFlix account, you will have some big modifications to make - it shows the new releases, but it also shows what is currently in your queue, what is at your home, and what your recommendations are. Those last three are personalized based upon your NetFlix account.
                            c/o Tink above

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                              c/o Tink above
                              Ah, I see this now. The OP said a netflix account wasn't needed. Thanks for the prod.
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                              X