New DVD Releases Using Netflix RSS Feed [DISCUSSION]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    John, very well done. Thanks for sharing. This will be a great addition to hs for me. I look forward to the new version.

Leave a comment:

• Rauco
    replied
    No problem, John. Feel free to use the changes, no credit needed. Thanks for the nice script.

I'm looking forward to the new version with the purging.

- Steve
    Last edited by Rauco; February 13th, 2005, 07:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• johnwpb
    replied
    Changes to the asp file....

Rauco, Great! Thats the look I was trying to get in the first place. I cant beleive I didnt notice the "eof" error! There sure were a lot more movies than it was showing!

If you dont mind, I will update the original zip file to include your updates, with due credit of course! I will also add a routine to purge the old images as suggested by smoothtlk.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I haven't checked the code, but is there an image purge routine for the NewReleases directory? I just looked and it can get big in a few months if not.

Leave a comment:

• johnnybwis
    replied
    What happen to Shark Tail? Is it off the list already?

Leave a comment:

• Rauco
    replied
    Forgot to mention that folder.

Leave a comment:

• johnnybwis
    replied
    I get a place holder for the image but no picture. Is the image part suppose to work?
    Nevermind. I think I fixed it by adding a NewReleases folder in the html/images directory

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Rauco,
    mods look great. thanx.

Leave a comment:

• Rauco
    replied
    Nice job John! Worked great but I found a bit that needed changing. I also fixed the tables for you the way you wanted them.

While working on the tables I noticed that the entire listing wasn't showing on my page. This week the last DVD is Fresh Prince of Bel Air. I get title and pic but no description. The problem seems to be that the name Geoffrey appears in the desc, causing it to find eof.

I've changed your do loop for you in both the asp and DVD image script. Seems ok now. I've attached them for you to look at.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rauco; February 13th, 2005, 04:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    OTI rented Shark Tales the other day. I must have watched it no less than 9 times with my 5 year old! Looks like I might have to xxxx it.

Leave a comment:

• dlgardne
    replied
    I'm a netflic user as well. Nice script. Thanks for developing it.

Dennis

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    JohnWPB,
    Worked great right out of the box. Thanx!

Leave a comment:

• johnwpb
    replied
    Any Volunteers?

If anyone wants to step forward and clean up the asp page, feel free

I worked on it for about an hour and just couldnt get the Divs, TD's, and TR's couple up right. I would liked to have displayed the image to the left side of the text something like this:

I did this up manually in DreamWeaver, but would like to get the DVD ASP page to look like this.

Leave a comment:

• johnwpb
    started a topic New DVD Releases Using Netflix RSS Feed [DISCUSSION]

New DVD Releases Using Netflix RSS Feed [DISCUSSION]

UPDATE: 12/01/05 The script SHOULD work with HS 2.0 now, as well as a couple additions. See the script download page for details.

Post any questions, comments or suggestions in this thread.
    The original file can be found HERE
    Last edited by johnwpb; December 2nd, 2005, 12:40 AM. Reason: Updated Version now available.
Working...
X