New DVD Releases Using Netflix RSS Feed [DISCUSSION]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John,
    I noticed on your original post that you were not able to get to the case covers. In the movies script I developed a VB application that downloaded a batch of movie poster based upon the ID of the movie and then made my asp page point to the downloaded image rather than the unreachable one at their site. A similiar technique may work for you.

Comment

Already done in the new version.

Michael, Thanks for the tip, but thats exactly what I did with the new script mentioned above that I posted. It saves all the photo's to the local hard drive, and the asp page just refrences them.
      Visit My Home Seer Site at:
      www.JohnWPB.com
      Created with LCARS

Comment

Works fine for me (1.05). Thanx again.
        One quick scripting question - I put this code:

<style type="text/css">
        <!--
        A.ssmItems:link {color:black;text-decoration:none;}
        A.ssmItems:hover {color:black;text-decoration:none;}
        A.ssmItems:active {color:black;text-decoration:none;}
        A.ssmItems:visited {color:black;text-decoration:none;}
        //-->
        </style>
        <SCRIPT SRC="ssm.js" language="JavaScript1.2">
        //Dynamic-FX slide in menu v6.5 (By maXimus, http://maximus.ravecore.com/)
        //Updated July 8th, 03' for doctype bug
        //For full source, and 100's more DHTML scripts, visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com

Into the new C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\NewReleases\NewReleases.asp.
        How do I repoint "ssm.js" back to the html\ssm.js file?
        I know this is the problem because when I copy the ssm.js into the NewReleases directory, my slide out works. I don't want to do this because I will then have two copies to mantain. sorry for the newbie scripting question

Comment

I tried to post some code below, and the board took it literally. Now I can't delete or edit the post... oh well.
          Let me try again:
          I added this code:
          Code:
           <style type="text/css">
          <!--
          A.ssmItems:link  {color:black;text-decoration:none;}
          A.ssmItems:hover {color:black;text-decoration:none;}
          A.ssmItems:active {color:black;text-decoration:none;}
          A.ssmItems:visited {color:black;text-decoration:none;}
          //-->
          </style>
          <SCRIPT SRC="ssm.js" language="JavaScript1.2">
          //Dynamic-FX slide in menu v6.5 (By maXimus, [url="http://maximus.ravecore.com/"]http://maximus.ravecore.com/[/url])
          //Updated July 8th, 03' for doctype bug
          //For full source, and 100's more DHTML scripts, visit [url="http://www.dynamicdrive.com"]http://www.dynamicdrive.com[/url]
          How do I repoint the ssm.js to the html\ssm.js directory?
          Sorry for the newbie scripting question...

Comment

Tobad78, Hmmmm I am not sure. Did you put the "New Releases" folder in the Homeseer/html directory? Also make sure you updated the asp page to use the new one, as the files have moved since the first version. If that is all in place it COULD be a firewall issue, but I don't know.

To test the new file, I completely removed all the files from the first first version, the text file, the 2 scripts, the asp page.... everything....

I then took the zip file (Same one posted on the board) and installed it from that. Making sure to put the files in the correct place as mentioned in the ReadMe.txt file. It worked the first time I ran it. There are no other files, DLL's, includes or the like that the script needs whatsoever. So why it is coming up not found on your system is puzzling me for sure.....

Smoothtlk, I cant read your entire post, as the new board has garbeled it up! I use Netscape, and couldnt read your post, so I also tried IE and the same thing....
            www.JohnWPB.com
            Created with LCARS

Comment

Okay if by chance others have this problem I solved it or maybe it solved itself.

Not sure if its what I done or not but its working great. All I did was delete everything. I then cleared cookies and files in IE.

Or maybe NewFlix RSS feed was down when I tried it.

Thanks,

Comment

Message board bug?! What Bug!

smoothtlk, Dont feel bad about the code. I was in email coorispondence some time ago with Rich back and forth, trying to demonstrate the problem, and they could not duplicate it. It seems that there is actually no known bug about posting code in a message, and the new board is working fine. It must just be something you and I and a bunch of others are all doing wrong

Here are a few posts relating to the bugs that do not exist:

Thread 1

Thread 2
                www.JohnWPB.com
                Created with LCARS

Comment

JohnWPB,
                  Maybe there is a button that one has to hit so that code that is copy / pasted into the forum won't be treated (acted upon) as code (if that makes any sense).

anyway, to try to describe the problem in "text", the newest version moves the asp to one level deeper in the html directory. I use a dynamic html slide out for navigation where the code for it gets added to the asp page. This loads the slideout when the asp page loads for navigation to rest of HS pages. So, it is probably a very newbie question, but how do I reference the /html/ssm.js file in this line: "SCR IPT SRC="ssm.js" language="JavaScript1.2"

thanx.

Comment

Change it to this:

SCR IPT SRC="/ssm.js"

The / at the beginning tells the browser to start in the top directory.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone
                    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

John,

Love the script and page. Thank you!

May I suggest a simple change to the readme? I had to read through the script to find that I had missed out on creating the images folder. Thought this might help:
                      Install this script in the HomeSeer script folder. Then copy the
                      NewReleases folder and its contents to the HS html folder.
                      Change to:
                      Create the following two folders:
                      ..\HomeSeer\html\NewReleases
                      ..\HomeSeer\html\NewReleases\Images

Extract NewReleases.txt to ..\HomeSeer\Scripts folder.
                      Extract NewReleases.asp to ..\HomeSeer\html\NewReleases
                      Extract NoImageAvailable.jpg to ..\HomeSeer\html\NewReleases
                      Great work!

--David

Comment

Jeff, Thanx. Will put it into action.
                        That was such a hard question to ask - I knew it was just so simple...

Comment

/html/NewReleases/images folder

Dkindred, As you quoted from the instructions:

"Install this script in the HomeSeer script folder. Then copy the NewReleases folder and its contents to the HS html folder."

If you copied the new release folder, and it's contents, to the html Directory, then the images fiolder would be there. Possibly you are using a zip extraction utility that does not preserve the file/folder tree.

I just downloaded the zip to make sure, and there is an images folder in the html/newreleases folder.

www.JohnWPB.com
                          Created with LCARS

Comment

johnwpb,

Nabbed! I manually extracted them to their directories.

Love the script!

--David

Comment

Slight Modification to ASP File

JohnWPB,

Thanks for the great DVD Release script.
                              I have however noticed that the last updated time was not changing for some reason. I initially thought that the script was failing, Netflix was blocking me, or something else strange....It is a computer.
                              However, After leaving it for a while due to travel, when I looked back at the top DVD, it had definitely changed, yet the time remained as a February time stamp.

The solution:
                              I modified the ASP file in one spot.
                              Set fileCreated = fso.GetFile(FullPath)
                              FileDate = fileCreated.DateLastModified

Initially, the "FileDate" line requested the "DateCreated" which, unless deleted would never change. Once this line was modified, voila, success.

Just wanted to pass this along.
                              Thanks again for the great script

Steven

Comment

Thanks, Steven, I was just going to check into this, myself.

Thank you!

--David

Comment

Working...
                                X