Please, help with XLGraph.vbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please, help with XLGraph.vbs

I want to use XLGraph.vbs to create some bar charts from a simple Access database. Trying to minimize errors, I've created a table with the same data fields as the ini file came with. I get the following log lines when I execute XLGraph:

02/03/2005 15:40:41~!~Event Trigger~!~Trigger from menu (UnNamed)
    02/03/2005 15:40:41~!~XLGRAPH~!~DEBUG: <<=== Start Xlgraph -1.6 ===>>
    02/03/2005 15:40:41~!~XLGRAPH~!~DEBUG: DB Field Name 0: Time
    02/03/2005 15:40:41~!~XLGRAPH~!~DEBUG: Record Name 0: Time
    02/03/2005 15:40:41~!~XLGRAPH~!~DEBUG: DB Field Name 1: Outside
    02/03/2005 15:40:41~!~XLGRAPH~!~DEBUG: Record Name 1: Outside
    02/03/2005 15:40:41~!~XLGRAPH~!~DEBUG: DB Field Name 2: Tstat
    02/03/2005 15:40:41~!~XLGRAPH~!~DEBUG: Record Name 2: Tstat
    02/03/2005 15:40:41~!~XLGRAPH~!~DEBUG: DB Field Name 3: MasterBedroom
    02/03/2005 15:40:41~!~XLGRAPH~!~DEBUG: Record Name 3: MasterBedroom
    02/03/2005 15:40:41~!~XLGRAPH~!~DEBUG: DB Field Name 4: ComputerRm
    02/03/2005 15:40:41~!~XLGRAPH~!~DEBUG: Record Name 4: ComputerRm
    02/03/2005 15:40:41~!~XLGRAPH~!~DEBUG: DB Field Name 5: Basement
    02/03/2005 15:40:41~!~XLGRAPH~!~DEBUG: Record Name 5: Basement
    02/03/2005 15:40:41~!~XLGRAPH~!~DEBUG: User Query: ''
    02/03/2005 15:40:41~!~XLGRAPH~!~DEBUG: User Query Filter: ''
    02/03/2005 15:40:41~!~XLGRAPH~!~DEBUG: User Query Sort: ''
    02/03/2005 15:40:41~!~XLGRAPH~!~DEBUG: Query: Select Time, Outside, Tstat, MasterBedroom, ComputerRm, Basement FROM Tabla2 WHERE (DateValue(Time) >= #2005-03-02#) ORDER BY Time ASC
    02/03/2005 15:40:41~!~XLGRAPH~!~DEBUG: Records returned by XlGraph (loop) : 0
    02/03/2005 15:40:41~!~XLGRAPH~!~ERROR: No records returned on Query

Please, I need some advice !!

Daniel

It appears that it's interpreting everything correctly but not getting any records back. I suspect I know what the problem is and I thought I had addressed it before. I think it's a problem with the date format- from date in he log lines it looks like your system is using d-m-y and the query is defaulting to m-d-y. If you could try a couple things to confirm if I'm on the right track, then I'll see if I can fix it.

1. If it isn't too much, try switching your date format for windows from d-m-y to m-d-y and see if you any records returned.

2. If you can change the date/time info stored in the database from March 2 to February 3 and see if you then get records back.

jim

Comment

I've played around a little and I'm not sure the date format is it. If you attach your ini file I'll take alook and see fi anything strikes me.
      jim

Comment

Thanks Jim for your replies.

Knowing that a different data format could cause some problem, I used ambiguous datas (01/01/2004, 02/03/2004, etc) in my database, so that your script couldn't make the difference between months and days. I never say 30/05/2004 nor 26/04/2005. I've created the database manually, with the only purpose of testing XLGraph. Thus, at the moment I don't collect data automatically from HS. As you say, the origin of the problem may not be here. Nevertheless, I'm completely sure that I do something wrong.

I attach the ini file.

Thanks again,

Daniel
        Attached Files

Comment

Daniel,
          Which INI section are you working with?
          jim

Comment

I'm working with the default section

Daniel.

Comment

Daniel,
              I've fainally had some tome to take a look at this. When I use your INI file with my database, it retrieves the correct number of records. I'll attach a snip from my database that has a couple days worth of records for your use.

Unfortunatlly, I also found a problem with the script that will error out with your INI file. I need to update a couple of files then I'll post an update to the script (I've actually been meaning to do that for awhile now since I've added a couple of things). I'll let you know once I've posted the updated script.
              jim
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a lot Jim.

Daniel

Comment

Daniel,
                  I've loaded the updated version to the library Xlgraph 1.7

Let me know if it works for you.
                  jim

Comment

I'll let you know, Jim.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Comment

I was playing a little with xlgraph to answer a question for my performance monitoring script that uses it. I have a black page background and would like the titles to be white without the boarder which is now white. I tried a few of the new keys in 1.7 but did not have much luck. I think, in fact, that if I used more than 2 digits for the Y axis title color key it would generate an error. If you know the answer from the top of your head then could you let me know. Dont go to a lot of trouble, however.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I looked at it and I'll have to add a few keys to control the font colors of the titles. Give me a few days and I'll post a new version.
                        jim

Comment

Thanks Jim.

Comment

I've uploaded the next version to the library - Xlgraph

I added a number of keys to control the color of the titles and lables. I also included a utility to help with editing the ini file. It displays the various keys and lets you edit the 'default' and another ini section at the same time.

Let me know how it works.
                            jim

Comment

Thanks Jim,
                              I'm traveling for the next few weeks, but when I get back I'll take it for a spin.

Comment

Working...
                              X