NetCallerID Script with CID ASP Log.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NetCallerID Script with CID ASP Log.

In the attached Zip are three file's. An inbound CID web page ( The same as the existing Call_Log.asp) with a switch to turn off HSP phone book support. The existing outbound.asp file which needs HSP to generate the listings. And the reason for this new topic is the support script for the NetCallerID box introduced by David Kindred. His discussion can be found Here..

This script can be used instead of David's script, but I want to give him credit for finding this device and mention that his script is a lot more versitle then mine.

The Unit it self can be purchased here for $12. This unit is amazingly reliable (as it should be).

This script uses HSP's phone book and acounces the caller through HS. HSP is not needed for CID anouncement. Just set the UseHSP to false and the CID will be anounced first name - last name for residential calls. Comercial calls are in reverse. This device also supports CWCID, and the script is trigered by that as well. The readme file has installation instructions - very simple. I hope you find these usefull.

-Orlando

[This message was edited by Orlando on Sat, 31 May 2003 at 04:47 PM.]
    Attached Files
    -Skybolt

Orlando,

Following the instructions in your readme.txt, I have disabled CID on my HS modem. I used the "ignore caller ID from device" checkbox in the advanced modem properties in the HS Phone options area. Is that the right place and way to disable it?

Now I do not get caller ID attached to any voicemails in the HSPhone GUI or in the vmail or hsvoicemail.asp web pages. Is your NetCID.txt script supposed to "force" CID info back into HSPhone? I would really like to have CID details attached to my messages. Your script is properly announcing the CIDs, so I assume the data is getting to the script.

What are the drawbacks if I re-enable CID on my modem in HSPhone? One of my main goals with switching from the HSPhone modem to the NetCallerID device was to resolve an issue with distinctive ringing. The HSPhone modem is apparently unable to detect or report CID on my 2nd virtual phone line, which uses distinctive ringing. The HSPhone modem is the only device I have that fails to pick up this data on distinctive rings.

Thanks.

Comment

Has anyone modified the call_log.asp file to enable the deleting of older parts of the log file? If not would anyone be interested?

-Rupp

If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Wayne, you bring up an interesting point. I do not use the e-mail features of HSP. I was only using HSP for CID. had wanted to usze it for the answering machine as well but I could not get it working properly. Curently I only use HSP to log out going calls and that's it. If you want to use all of the features of HSP and the NetCallerID you will have to decide what you want more. If you leave HSP CID enabled and disable the speach for CID you can use both, but you will have some double CID entries in the log.

Rupp, It is not as easy as you would think to delete log entries, unless you delete the whole log. I tried keeping the last 500 entries but the script was way too slow. Here is code to delete the entire file.

<%
        dim filesys
        Set filesys = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
        filesys.CreateTextFile "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\callers.log", True
        If filesys.FileExists("C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\callers.log") Then
        filesys.DeleteFile "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\callers.log"
        Response.Write("File deleted")
        End If
        %>

You could make this a function and attach it to a button.

-Orlando
        -Skybolt

Comment

Working...
        X