• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hs_Phone_Util [HSP] [PhoneBook Script]

25 Aug 03
    Changes have been made to the script:
    Added flag aSetFlags. Default is set to False
    This will prevent any flag settings when a new number is entered. Apparently this causes some names to not show up in the HSP panel. Recommended procedure for fixing problems you may have is to edit the addressbook.xml and change all references to cidflags=".." to cidflags="0". Any text editor will work, and you can use a search and replace to make it quick.

10 May 03
    Moved some code into subs. In particular, first and last names, call counter, and date of last call.
    Changed name of Sub "UpdateCustom2Field" to "BatchProcess"
    Fixed a potential error in the sub that might cause improper indexing of call count and date.
    Added capability to refresh all names in the ini to be the same as in the phonebook. Good for when the user changes names. To use this feature, run the Event (InitPhoneUtil) you created to create an index in the phonebook. If you have not created the event, then you will not have a cross index. If you have the event be sure that the script call is like this:
    hs_Phone_Util.txt ("main","All")

----------------- End of Update Note----------------

This is the discussion thread for the new phonebook script. The script is an updated version of my previous script (My_Phone_Util.txt)
    There are 3 files in the package.
    1. The script: hs_Phone_Util.txt
    2. The ini file: hs_Phone_Util.ini
    3. And a readme file: hs_Phone_UtilReadme.txt

Extract the script to the scripts directory.
    Place the ini file in your HomeSeer config directory.
    Place the readme into a directory like \Doc for safekeeping.

Read the readme file first for an understanding of the application, what it does, and to decide if you want to use it. If you decide to use this script and have been using My_Phone_Util.txt, you need to replace the script name in the associated event. You will also need to create a new event to update your phonebook to include an index. This is explained in the readme file.

NOTE:
    This is the first release. It may have a few bugs. If you discover a problem, please post it here and I will address it as quickly as possible.

regards,

GenevaDude

[This message was edited by GenevaDude on Sat, 10 May 2003 at 07:39 AM.]

[This message was edited by GenevaDude on Mon, 25 August 2003 at 07:46 AM.]
    Attached Files

Thanks for all or your efforts. I upgrade from your My_Phone_Util script. Couple questions: I ran the event hs_Phone_Util.txt ("main","All") to set up the IDs. The ID are viewable in the INI file, but they did you show up in the HSP PhoneBook column until I manually added the customfield1??. How or When can we start using the custom Labels DateOfLastCall=Last Call Date &
    NumberOfCalls=Times Ive Been Bothered?

Larry
    WinXPhe 1.8Ghz
    HS v1.6.95
    HSP V2.0.102
    Way2Call USB
    Larry

Comment

Larry,

The items you refer to are being developed by other individuals. SteveP and CFGuy are both creating applications that will perform these functions. We will be sharing the same ini file in order to have greater flexibility.

The items you are interested in are being developed by CFGuy.

Regarding the ID, it should show up in your phonebook.
      Go into the Options menu in HSP and select the General tab. You may rename the Custom 1 Label to "Index". If it does not show up in your PhoneBook display, you can resize or even drag the menu items around. Each label is very flexible.

Let me know if you have other questions.

regards,

GenevaDude

Comment

I played around with the call simulator.

Looks like it does not update the name fields on each call. Those should get refreshed. Usually you end up correcting a name in the phonebook but then the ini won't match up.

SteveP

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
        The REAL Pledge of Allegiance

Comment

Steve,
          Good point. I didn't consider that a name might get changed, so after the first pass I never refresh them. Thanks for catching this.

Any other comments?

regards,

GenevaDude

Comment

SteveP
            Whenever the call count is indexed the name fields are now refreshed as well.
            Also, it is possible to do a wholesale refresh on the "database" using the Event mentioned above.

regards,

GenevaDude

Comment

I recently installed your excellent suscript.

I am just begining to use it, but I have a strange problem.

quite often the call comes in and the pop up window says "Homeseer Tech" with the 603 number.

The log has the correct cid info.

How did I mess this up?

Joe

jjsmd@yahoo.com
              jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

I had the window popup Homeseer Tech with 603 number. Thought that was strange but I guess I'm not the only one.

Any FIxes?

BrianD

Comment

Sorry for the delay in responding. I have been quite busy of late.

I will look into this, but at first glance, it doesn't seem to be logical that this should happen. I've not noticed anything on my home machine. But since it happens for some then it is a problem. I will try to fix it.

regards,

GenevaDude

Comment

I just re-read the posts.
                    My script does nothing with the pop-up window and has not control over that portion of HSP. The message you are seeing is a function of HSP. Perhaps a bug in the application is why.

Let me explain how this may happen. When a call is received, the second ring usually contains the CID info. Your modem receives it and passes it onto HSP. HSP will display a popup window if enabled. At the same time, if you have enabled a on received event in HomeSeer (not HSP), then the script we are speaking of will execute. The PhoneBook Script asks HSP for the CID info and formats it, saves it back to the HSP addressbook database, and that is about it.
                    If the popup window is displaying wrong info, check the configuration in HSP to see if it has something set improperly.

If you still believe the script is causing the problem, post an update here and I'll take a closer look.

regards,

GenevaDude

Comment

Just to let you know it prob has nothing to do with your script. I saw someone else posted and had similar problem. I have diabled your script and it still shows up as Homeseer Tech 603-???-????. I will log a help desk ticket. With spending 300.00 on way2call you would think I could get caller id.

Thanks,

BrianD

Comment

Right you are BrianD.
                        Rick Tinker is working on it. Check out this thread.

regards,

GenevaDude

Comment

Added flag aSetFlags. Default is set to False
                          This will prevent any flag settings when a new number is entered. Apparently this causes some names to not show up in the HSP panel. Recommended procedure for fixing problems you may have is to edit the addressbook.xml and change all references to cidflags=".." (<-whatever it is) to cidflags="0". Any text editor will work, and you could use a search and replace.

regards,

GenevaDude

Comment

Working...
                          X