Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSPhone control by X10 (playback, stop, save & delete)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSPhone control by X10 (playback, stop, save & delete)

This script has be modified from the original script message_playback.txt written by Andy Shane.

I have removed a few bugs which were affecting some users and added a stop command to halt playback & exit the script.

It will now also automatically save each message with no user intervention after a period of time.

Instructions how to set up this script have also been improved.

Jon
    Attached Files
    Jon

I am going to use a palm pad to control this. So when I creat me devices. can I use L5, on for play. L6,on for save L6,off for delete or do I have to have a seperate device for each. L6 save L7 delete?
    Kirk

http://cleverhouseautomation.ca
    http://southcoastwebsitedesign.ca

Comment

The script is coded to work on M1-M4 'on' to control playback. It is faily straightforward to change this to L6 'on/off' L7 'on/off' if you want to.

Jon
      Jon

Comment

Jon,

Thanks for this!! I was going to set out and try to do something like this myself, but 'never got around to it.'

Question, though: Any way that it can be modified to play only new messages by default, and then if you want to play old messages?

-=A.J.

--------------
        -=A.J. Griglak

Comment

I installed the program and I cannot get it to work. I called myself 2 times and all it does is say" there are 2 phone messages, message 1"
          it is erroring out with Script Error, File playmessage.txt -2147467259.

It is also being triggered by any X10 traffic?

I did change the M's to I's

thanks

Note, I had a condition set wrong. However, I also had a line 80 error, hs.MEDIAFilename="C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\messages\temp.wav" I changed the Homeseer to HomeSeer Phone

Thanks for the script!

[This message was edited by emoh on Tue, 08 April 2003 at 11:14 PM.]

Comment

Guys,

Don't thank me! The script was written by Andy Shane - I just modified it slightly!

A.J.

I have not looked at HSP lately. I think I did take a look at this when modifing the script. I believe at the time that there was a problem (and still is!)with the order of playback i.e. there is no correlation between time/date of the wav file and what message is played first.

Looks like a visit to this in the near future!

Jon
            Jon

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jon00:
              Guys,

Don't thank me! The script was written by Andy Shane - I just modified it slightly!

A.J.

I have not looked at HSP lately. I think I did take a look at this when modifing the script. I believe at the time that there was a problem (and still is!)with the order of playback i.e. there is no correlation between time/date of the wav file and what message is played first.

Looks like a visit to this in the near future!

Jon<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
              Well, if Andy's around - thanks!

Jon, As far as I know, Rich fixed the sorting method recently. I know it is in order when I call in from a cell, and the order is correct now when playing messages from the HS computer...

Also, I noticed that if you play the messages using this script, they are still left as a new message. Any way to have this script change the message from new to old after it's played?

--------------
              -=A.J. Griglak

Comment

I revised the script, and have it working to my satisfaction. You are welcome to share it. Please let me know of problems. (The sorting issue is not addressed, and old/new messages are all lumped together.)

(Configuration in profile)
                Attached Files

Comment

This may be the High-WAF solution I'm looking for. I'm going to use it with IR instead of X-10, creat virtual devices, and have them switched on by IR triggers instead of X-10 commands. With custom labeled keys on my remote for play, delete, save and stop, it should be very easy to use.. I'm guessing I can havbe another event read the "phone message received" device and announce every minute that there are new voice messages waiting too. Then all we'd have to do is pickupthe remote and playback the messages through the house speakers!

I'll see how this works tonight.

John | My HomeSeer | HomeSeer Webring | See My Profile for system configuration
                  John
                  Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
                  Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
                  HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
                  Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Can any one tell me the big differences between this script and the "built in" vmail asp page?

-Rupp

{{{{{{{{{{ Remember the reason for the season }}}}}}}}}}
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I think the difference is that you can trigger playback, deletion, etc of messages without going to a computer. For example, I'm going to use it with an IR remote, or it can be used with X10 commands as originally designed.

From the web, the built in asp page you mention is probably simpler than clicking on the devices that need to be created with this script. I think the real purpose of the devices is so the script can keep track of what it's doing, and not so much for web control.

John
                      Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
                      Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

I set it up to use IR triggers to turn the devices on and off and it works just as advertised. Now all we have to do it point the remote at an Ir sensor, push the appropriate button (which the script prompts you to do) and listen.

John

Comment

I use a X10 RF Keypad to playback messages which is much faster than using the PC!

Jon

www.jon00.me.uk/hs.html
                          Jon

Comment

Working...
                          X