****Updated CNNHeadlines Script ****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****Updated CNNHeadlines Script ****

New CNNHeadline.txt file added to the Scripts Library. The XML feed that has worked for months has recenlty started delivering a trojan to the machine if the XML feed URL was opened in a browser. I updated the script to use the newly available feeds that CNN is now offering themselves.

Get the new script here:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=102100
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

I finally fixed this (my infected pc) with a program called HighJackthis and with the help from their forum. http://discussions.virtualdr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71
    John

Comment

I replaced my original file and now get this error
      Error~!~Script error in file: CNNHeadline.txt: 1025:Expected end of statement in line 19
      John

Comment

Whoops. I forgot the put a comment tick on the last set of comments I added. Try it again and let me know. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Greg
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I tried to run the CNNHeadline.txt script and am having problems. This is what shows up in the log.

Code:
          no previous installation has been detected, starting setup ...
          I noticed that the script makes a call for settings.ini. Where do I get that file, it was not in the zip file.

TRhanks.
          Thanks,

T.

Comment

Okay gang.
            Here is what I am trying to do. I have got the CNN Headlines working perfectly withing Homeseer (and subsequently in MainLobby as well). But I am unsure how to properly modify the CNN Headlines code to take the link for the news article (and the necessary code to make it show the 'Printer-Friendly' Version, which works really well) and create a simple redirect html page saved on the local computer.

For Example:
            Headline 3 (w93) contains:
            "Fierce fighting rages in Somali capital"

I understand the coding enough to make a modification to create the 'printer-friendly' url
            Headline URL 3 (x93) contains:
            http://cnn.law.printthis.clickabilit...785/index.html

As you can tell from the '?', '=', '&' and the '~' Mainlobby doesn't respond well to this being directly inputted as a default page. However the workaround would be to have a local page that redirects to the above URL, and then there wouldn't be the same problem.

So any ideas how to, or at least what code is necssary to create a text file and save it as an html file from notepad within the CNN Breaking news code?

Any ideas/suggestions/comments much appreciated.

Thank you so very much in advance

Russell Albright

Comment

Hi all,
              After going through CNN's html code with a fine tooth comb, I managed to make this work. Thanks anyways.

Comment

Working...
              X