Is there ANY way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there ANY way?

I have an ASP file that everyone goes through when they first enter my site and I have it set to make an announcement that someone has logged in. Unfortunatly, I haven't been able to figure out how to find out when they leave.

Anyone have any ideas?

Don,
    I've never found a way. When using an asynchronous paradigm there's no way to know when a user simply kills the browser window or navigates away.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I'm a web developer... there really isn't a perfect way of doing this... you could do some strange things to pull it off...

you would make a frame, thats basicly hidden, and it's set to refresh every 5 seconds or whatever time you like.... you basically monitor that, as a user session. when that stops reporting that it's there, for a given time, your user has left..

some chat scripts, and I think some of the labs.google.com projects use something like this..

so bascialy you have a hidden frame that refreshes calling a keepalive.asp or whatever you want to call it. And that keep alive is going to have to have a unique identifier to let you know the difference from another user hitting your page at the same time.
      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Working...
      X