Current Weather Information Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in one of those small towns.
    What I see is that the data in the XML feed isn't all that accurate or perhaps not up to date for my area. When I look at the web page at weather.com, I find the data there is quite a bit more accruate than what WeatherXML is telling me.

I'm reasonably sure it's not a download problem as the "updated" device is showing the correct time and date.

Could something else be wrong on my end?

This has become an issue for me as I have no other means of getting outside temperature and humidity data into Homeseer. I want to control my air conditioners and fans based on the Humidity Index and Temperature.

I've tried using the Canadian Weather script, but it tends to be a bit unreliable due to changes on the web site it reads. I'd previously abandoned my own script for the same reason.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

You can always install temperature and humidity sensing devices. It's definitely more expensive but 100% accurate...

You could also write a script to extract the temperature data from the weather.com site, if you think it's more accurate.

I also live in Canada, but not in a small town ... The web site I use at the moment to get my temperature data is theweathernetwork.com.

Actually, I use the RSS feed (rss.theweathernetwork.com) for that site, which is much simpler in terms of formatting an also much smaller, making downloading it a breeze...
      (some weather humor here... !)

The RSS feed for Ottawa is :
      rss.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caon0512.html

Once you find your city code (Ottawa = caon0512), just substitute it to get the RSS feed that you want.

Joel

Comment

Working...
      X