Cell notification only when away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cell notification only when away

I have HSP 2.x set to forward messages to my cell phone.

I have a virtual device z61 that is either "Home" or "Away", and is changed by a sticka-switch. How can I get HSP to only notify my cell phone when z61 is "Away"?

Thanks!

--------------
    -=A.J. Griglak

Hi,
    I got this from Rich

sub main()
    Dim mb

' change "default" to the mailbox you want to access
    set mb = hsp.MBGetByName("default")

' turn notification off
    'mb.attributes = mb.attributes and not &h40

' turn notification on
    'mb.attributes = mb.attributes or &h40

end sub

I have two events, one to turn on, one to turn off. Also use vr in the event so you can turn on or off the notification over the phone.
    Stuart

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by A.J. Griglak:
    I have HSP 2.x set to forward messages to my cell phone.

I have a virtual device z61 that is either "Home" or "Away", and is changed by a sticka-switch. How can I get HSP to only notify my cell phone when z61 is "Away"?

Thanks!

--------------
    -=A.J. Griglak
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

While I'm not doing exactly the same thing...

I've set up a device to reflect when I'm home.

I also have an event triggered on callerid available.
      In the script for the event I check to see if I'm home and if I'm not the I send a text message to my phone with the callerid information. You'd probably want the on message left exit if you're more interested in messages.

Comment

Hi,
        actually I do use the on message left along with my alarm. Otherwise if you are home you really dont want to tie up the Hiphone dialing out, when you dont need to be notified.
        Stuart

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guy Nash:
        While I'm not doing exactly the same thing...

I've set up a device to reflect when I'm home.

I also have an event triggered on callerid available.
        In the script for the event I check to see if I'm home and if I'm not the I send a text message to my phone with the callerid information. You'd probably want the on message left exit if you're more interested in messages.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Working...
        X