No announcement yet.

[SCRIPT] SpeakPhoneMessages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kirk, I think the lines start counting beginning in the includes script and just continue on into the main script, and that is why you see a line 312.

Larry
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Hi all,

I haven't made the switch to 2.0 yet, so I am not able to duplicate or troubleshoot the error. I'm waiting for 2.0 to support the Hi-Phone device.

I'll look into it once I make the change, but that may not be for a while. Anyone who might be able to find a fix, please do.

Larry is correct about the way the line numbering works. You have to count the lines in all the include files.

Thanks,
      Doug

Comment

Doug, Nice to hear you`ll look at it when you upgrade this is my wifes fav script.

Larry, thats interesting, all of a sudden quite q few "line" errors mean something..

TrOjAn

Comment

Also interested in playing messages this way.

Joining the queue.
          Neil
          Newmarket Ontario

Comment

Doug,

Any updates ?

Still get this error - tried everything- doesn't help ?

It tells me I have a new message but won't play it !

Help ??

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>20/10/2005 2:58:32 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Event Trigger "check messages"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>20/10/2005 2:58:32 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Running script in background: SpeakPhoneMessages-DDW.txt("main")</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>20/10/2005 2:58:32 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Speak ():neil's mailbox.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>20/10/2005 2:58:34 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Speak ():There is 1 new message, and 0 old messages in neil's mailbox.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>20/10/2005 2:58:39 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Running script, script run or compile error in file: SpeakPhoneMessages-DDW.txt13:Type mismatch: 'Temp2(...)' in line 312 More info: Type mismatch: 'Temp2(...)'</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
            Neil
            Newmarket Ontario

Comment

I think Doug has not yet gone over to HS2 bless him he has stated in another thread that when he goes to HS2 he will look into the script.

This is one of the main scripts used here and like you... I would like it to work as well.

TrOjAn

Comment

Good News and Bad News

The good news is I had some time to try HS2.0 last night...

The bad news is that I had problems with the installation. I couldn't get the Speaker Client to work, and also got errors related to the scripting engine (yes, the .NET framework is installed).

I had tried to install 2.0 before, and I ended up with the DCOM settings between IIS and Homeseer v1.7 completely messed up, forcing me to rebuild my system. Fortunately that didn't happen this time I installed (and un-installed) 2.0.

OK, I've looked a bit more. Can you give me some examples of the filenames for your voicemail messages (in your HomeSeer\messages folder). I wonder if the file name format changed from 1.7 to 2.0.

-Doug

Comment

Hi Doug,

there is an option under the phone setup (advanced) to save as wav (default) or mp3.

I checked the mp3 option and 2 files are saved in the messages folder

2005-10-22_19-44-58.wav

and

2005-10-22_19-44-58.mp3

After the underscore I presume are the times.

Hope this helps you out.

The messages will play fine in media player and over the phone as well if I use the # command after picking up the handset and then say "messages"

Neil
                  Neil
                  Newmarket Ontario

Comment

Yes as Neil has stated the filenames did / have changed.

Glad to see you have started trying HS2 doug.

This post, http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...52&postcount=6 may help you out in the script.

It does work with HS2 but at this time it does not wait for the first message to finnish before it announces the second.

Hope it helps a bit

TrOjAn

Comment

Actually, I haven't tried 2.0 yet. I'm just trying to help you guys out.

I might be able to help if you can help me with the following:

Create an event in Homeseer v2.0
                      for the event script enter:
                      &hs.writelog "TEST","Version--" & hs.version

Please post what was recorded in Homeseers Log

Attached is an attempt to fix the problem. Please replace your existing "VoicemailIncludes-DDW.txt" with this one and let me know what happens.

I will update the main script once we get this working.

--Doug
                      Attached Files

Comment

Doug

TEST Version--2.0.1997.0
                        23/10/2005 09:12:48 Info Running script statement immediately: &hs.writelog "TEST","Version--" & hs.version
                        23/10/2005 09:12:46 TEST Version--2.0.1997.0
                        23/10/2005 09:12:46 Info Running script statement immediately: &hs.writelog "TEST","Version--" & hs.version
                        23/10/2005 09:12:44 TEST Version--2.0.1997.0

Not tested the include yet.. ***UPDATE***

Doug.. errr I think you fixed it! first tryouts seem to be working OK.

Will let you know how it ges this week.. THANKS!
                        Last edited by TrOjAn; October 23, 2005, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Doug,

Thanks so much....it is working for me !

My messages are being cut off before they end but it's in my modem set up not your programming. The modem gives a weird little beep just before it cuts off ?

(Anyone know the proper default timings for the PCI modem within the Homeseer phone setup screens ?)

Now I can press a button C10 "on" at the back door and have Homeseer tell me if there are messages and read them as well .

Again thanks very much and good luck with your transition to 2.0 !

Neil
                          Neil
                          Newmarket Ontario

Comment

I hate to reopen an old thread, but I'm having some troubles with this.

The following is logged when I call this script from an event:

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2/4/2006 11:23:19 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Speak ():New message 1 left at 09:25 PM last Wednesday from Charles and Betty XXXXX.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2/4/2006 11:23:14 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Speak ():There is 1 new message, and 0 old messages in Brian's mailbox.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2/4/2006 11:23:12 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Speak ():Brian's mailbox.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2/4/2006 11:23:12 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Running script, script run or compile error in file: speak_voicemail.txt424:Object required: 'DDW' in line 2 More info: Object required: 'DDW'</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2/4/2006 11:23:12 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Running script in background: speak_voicemail.txt</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2/4/2006 11:23:12 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Running script in background: SpeakPhoneMessages-DDW.txt</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

If I just run the script by itself it reports that I have messages. But, if I run the script as seen below, I get an error message about requiring DDW.

This is what I've got in my script:

Sub Main
                            SpeakPhoneMessages-DDW.txt ("main","All|Play|All")
                            End Sub

I've also tried replacing "main" with "SpeakPhoneMessages" as suggested by the inline help.

Can anyone direct me on this?

Thanks in advance!!

Brian

Comment

looks like you are missing the includes file for this script, look 4 posts up grab that and place it your scripts dir

TrOjAn

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.

Unfortunately, I had already tried that one. I was having other problems prior to using that to overwrite the original. That had cleared those up, but now it introduced this new error message.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks again!

Brian

p.s. I'm on HS 2.2041

Comment

Working...
                                X