Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SENDING CALLERS TO THE INTERNAL PHONES - SOMETHING EVERYONE COULD USE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SENDING CALLERS TO THE INTERNAL PHONES - SOMETHING EVERYONE COULD USE!

I've been searching and searching. Doesn't it make sense to have homeseer answer the line and play a message, and tell callers for example to press 1 to leave a message, or 2 if they need to speak with someone. I could install these systems for dozens of customers next week-- but I can't make this happen.. CAN ANYONE HELP? Here's my question reworded: HOW CAN YOU, FROM A MAILBOX, LET'S SAY WHILE I'M LISTENING TO THE OUTGOING MESSAGE FOR MAILBOX 2, PRESS "0" AND THEN HAVE HOMESEER SAY "PLEASE WAIT WHILE I FORWARD YOUR CALL", AND RING THE INTERNAL PHONES FOR 20 SECONDS...?? THEN AFTER 20 SECONDS AND NO ANSWER, HOMESEER SENDS THEM BACK TO A DIFFERENT MAILBOX? Any help? Thanks in advance!

Ken Garris

good luck on this, I have been trying to do somthing simalar, best I can get out of rich is that it cant be done

detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

I could see how it could never be done with only one line support. Most modems like Way2Call can't separate their out dialing and incoming phone line like that. Once two line support is added, assuming that a Way2Call is built that way internally, it might be possible. You'd put line one on hold, dial out line two, then bridge them, again, assuming that all the hardware can do that.

Comment

I am still not completely clear as to what you want, but here is what I have created and I think it is close to what you want. Hopefully my explanation will make some sense.

ALL my incoming calls are FIRST answered by HSP (calls auto answered on 2nd ring, internal rings set to mute). After the incoming call is answered by HSP, it immediately plays a msg to the caller, "Please wait, while I see if anyone is available to take your call". During this same time, I have HS, via message server announce the caller ID info via my remote computers (this also creates a log of incoming calls on each computer). You could announce the call over a whole house speaker system, but we prefer having the various notebook computers around the house to perform this function. At this point, I have the internal phones start ringing while the caller is told periodically to "please wait, still trying". This is the first time the phones in the house have actually rang. After the 2nd "please wait msg", I also tell the caller that they can immediately go to voice mail by pressing the # key. If they press the # key, the internal phone ringing ceases and the caller is routed to voicemail and given instructions on selecting the appropriate mailbox. If they do not press the # key, the internal phones continue ringing for a total of 5 rings and then the caller is routed to voicemail regardless. At night, after I have initiated the bedtime sequence in HS, should a call come in, the caller is told that "we have retire for the evening, please leave a msg", BUT if in the directory, I have set a custom field called "accept emerg calls" to "yes", they are also instructed "if this is an emergency press the * key immediately", which then causes the internal phones to start ringing. Otherwise, the phones never ring after bed, but a caller can leave a msg. In afterbed emergency mode, the ringing time is allowed to go to 10 rings since it takes a bit longer when you are awaken from sleep to get to the phone.

So, if I understand your need, it would be a simple change in my IVR script to accomodate starting the call in a routing routine in HSP where the caller could be given the opportunity to leave voicemail for any of the mailboxes without first ringing the internal phones OR to first try ringing before rolling to voicemail. What this CAN'T do is route to different phones or different phone lines. HSP is currently just a single line system, although Rich seems to have made provisions for a second line for a future version.

david

Comment

David, could you share this script that you spoke about. It has some functions that I would like to take advantage of.

-Greg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Win XP Pro SP1
          HomeSeer v1.6.194
          HS Phone v2.0.168
          DooMotion v1.2.43
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Would you share your script (I assume you will since you posted the details). It sounds exactly like what Ken was asking for (unless I misunderstood). I too would have interest in this.

Thanks

Jay Fro

(Current Setup in Profile)

Comment

Everyone,
              I am still testing as well as adding additional functionality. I will get back once I am complete and feel comfortable that everything works. As my approach puts HSP/W2C totally in the drivers seat on all incoming calls, it has to work flawlessly. So far the testing is going well and no lockups or strange behavior, but like I said, I want to do some more testing.

david

Comment

The IVR script your using might actually get me to buy HSP and a W2C. Using the phone to control HS doesn't really do anything for me. But being able to setup a fairly complex IVR with these abilities is definitely something I'm interested in.

Definitely let us know how the testing is going. Can't wait to see the script.

Comment

That script would be great to have!! But a few of you mentioned needing a 2nd line... we don't need another line, just 3way calling... I have a cheap 1984(year) made bogen answering maching that allows callers to press 1 for this person, or 2 for this person... the machine then tells the caller not to hangup, and it gives a flash for 3way calling and calls the appropriate person... isn't that great??! I've been buying these machines on ebay for $60 to $90 dollars lately.. If we could get homeseer to do this, the sky could be the limit... it could even record your conversations for you.. don't just forward calls to the cellphone by the phone company.. let homeseer ask the caller first if they need your cell, and then it can even record the call so you dont have to pull off the road to write it all down... I built a system like this (hardwired).. but having software(homeseer) to do this would be awesome.. and it could be sold to businesses small and large. let me know if anyone can help.. thanks again, and i'd love to have the script you mentioned... ken

Ken Garris

Comment

This would be an awsome addition to the hi-phone. I hope that it is something that could be added to HSP.

Comment

DTIDMORE, did you ever make your script public?

Thanks,
                      Mike

Comment

DTIDMORE, any chance you can release this script. It would be beneficial if I had this functionality.

Greg

Comment

DTIDMORE, Same here, would love this script... need any beta testers?

Dtidmore, are you still in the forums?? cant email you, not in your profile.

Comment

I am still around.

Have a couple of months of use and debugging now. The functionality I discussed in the March timeframe has proven viable and reliable in daily use.

As this is not one simple script but a series of IVR and HomeSeer scripts, events and status devices, along with the associated configuration (hardware and software). I need to do a lot of documentation for what I have created to be meaningful to anyone else. I created this for personal use, but I am considering the commercial viability avenue as well.

Given the complexity, I doubt that I do a post, but I am willing to discuss, so feel free to email me (I just added my email in my profile).

Thanks
                            David Tidmore

Comment

Ken,
                              I see no reason why using telco provided 3-way calling that a W2C HSPhone IVR script could not be create allowing an incoming call to be quasi directed to a 2nd phone # (ie it would actually be a 3-way call between the W2C, the caller and the 2nd phone #. Using the hsp.HIPCmd call, you have access to the full capabilities of the W2C modem (SDK docs all the capabilities). The end result would be the ability for a call to be forwarded to a cell # or any other number. The more forwarding options that a caller could have would drive the complexity up (ie allowing them to select from the directory or such), but the basics are pretty straight forward. I may give a stab at adding this to my setup.

I will report back on results.

David

Comment

Working...
                              X