Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SENDING CALLERS TO THE INTERNAL PHONES - SOMETHING EVERYONE COULD USE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IVR script

Hey David,
    I was looking at findind some new IVR Scripts and came on to yours. It sounds like something I would be interested in also. I read where you said if someone was interested to email you and you would share it. I tried your profile and was unable to email you. Would you still be interested in sharing your script? I have been looking for a voice response script. I have had no luck with creating it myself, nor finding anyone that has one.
    I would like to try yours if you would not mind sharing,

Thanks,
    danielbo
    danielbo

Comment

David,

Here we are two years later....what's the word on your scripts? I am absolutely amazed by what you described. Is this going to be a HS 2.x plugin? Would buy it on every HS phone install I do for sure...and of course for my own house.

Comment

Um, the guy hasn't posted since July 2, 2004, and it was for HS 1.x w/HSP, so there's a good chance these don't exist any more or won't work with HS 2.x.

But you could always try to email him through his profile.
        |
        | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
        HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Chaps,

I am not sure whether you are still interested in this subject (just came across this thread) but this is exactly what I do with my IVR....

HS does the following actions:
          • answers the call
          • Annouces over house audio caller ID
          • says hello
          • Performs DAYTIME/NIGHTIME checks
          • Plays some music to the caller
          • rings internal phones
          It does a whole bunch of other stuff as well.

Hope this help

Darren

Comment

Darren... plugin or script?? is avaiable to "others"?

TrOjAn

Comment

I do it all from my IVR script...which is very much work in progress....but is very effective....at blocking 70% of unwanted calls.

Comment

More importantly.. is it for the public or just personal?

Comment

Here are the bits that do the real work:

Setup HSPhone with the following parameters:
                  • Answer immediately and treat as an Internal Call --> no
                  • External Call Answering Mode --> Number of Rings exceeded
                  • Number of Rings to Answer After --> 1
                  • Mute All Incoming Rings --> Yes
                  LABEL:OnHold
                  START_RING:10,10,10
                  PLAY:c:\program files\HomeSeer\wave_files\Onholdshort.wav
                  SPEAK:I am sorry I could not get the attention of anybody in the house.
                  SPEAK:I will transfer you to the message service
                  CLEAR_KEY:
                  GOTO:MAIN_MENU
                  END:

You can do/say what you like before this section....but when you have made the decision that its time to ring the internal phone....
                  • The internal phone rings
                  • Music is played to external caller
                  • If the phone has been answered then script terminates otherwise caller goes to message service at the end of the music.

Is this enough? If you want the entire thing then just let me know.

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

Is anyone using this? if so...

how is it working?
                    were there any other files/settings that needed to be created/changed?
                    how does it handle multiple mailboxes? would it be better to incorporarte this script into the one HS provides for multiple mailboxes?
                    Plugins:
                    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Originally posted by completelyhis
                      Is anyone using this? if so...

how is it working?
                      were there any other files/settings that needed to be created/changed?
                      how does it handle multiple mailboxes? would it be better to incorporarte this script into the one HS provides for multiple mailboxes?
                      This is how I started by using the multiple mailbox script and modifying it.

Comment

Working...
                      X