Caller Id into device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caller Id into device

I amusing the script bellow to try and put caller ID info into a virtual device I can only get the number to come up not the name???

sub main ()

cname=hsp.CIDName(1)
    cnumb=hsp.CIDNumber(1)
    hs.setDeviceString "y70", cname & ":" & cnumb

end sub

What am I doing wrong
    Thanks

Jim,
    Remember using CIDName returns the CID information passed via the phone company. If you are getting "Incoming call from XX YY" then chances are you are getting the name matched with your phone phone based on the CIDNumber .
    If this is the case, then you need to use ADRCount to walk through the phone book, looking for a match.

Ross.

Comment

James I have a script that parses the callers.log for the last 10 calls. There is a variable that you simply change to adjust the number you want to keep. I run it every 15 minutes to update a virtual device.
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

I want to use this to send the name & number to main lobby via a virtual device so the ID pops up as some one is calling.
        I am in the uk and our caller id from the phone company does not include a name...
        I have the number bit working so how do I search the phone book for a match and then put the name into a device? It has to be quite quick as the info only shows on main lobby while the call is in progress.
        Thanks for your help

Comment

Jim,

I assume you are not using a Meteor?

If you were, Justin's plugin 'Last caller' virtual device looks this up automatically in the HSP phone book.
          Jon

Comment

yes I used to use the meteor but I have switched to WAY 2 CALL
            ??

Comment

Rupp,
              Can you post your script for getting the last caller ids out of the log? I looked around but I didn't see it.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
                James I have a script that parses the callers.log for the last 10 calls. There is a variable that you simply change to adjust the number you want to keep. I run it every 15 minutes to update a virtual device.
                Why not just run it 15 seconds delayed after a CID Available trigger?

~Bill

Comment

Working...
                X