No announcement yet.

BackeRupp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could I get some clarification as to exactly is what is entered to define an event? I get a message that the backup name wasn't found.

My backerupp is in c:\program files\backerupp

What the parameter in the event supposed to be? I have seen main as one case of a parameter but the error message says it can't find the backup file.

It does work from the gui.

Comment

Originally posted by sponnath View Post
      Could I get some clarification as to exactly is what is entered to define an event? I get a message that the backup name wasn't found.

My backerupp is in c:\program files\backerupp

What the parameter in the event supposed to be? I have seen main as one case of a parameter but the error message says it can't find the backup file.

It does work from the gui.
      In the event under application you should have
      c:\program files\backerupp
      then in Peramiters is the name of the backup set as you defined and saved when you ran Backerupp.exe directly.
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

IT'S BACK : vbAccelerator Zip Class error

Hi Rupp,

Guess what, the error we have discussed so much in this topic has returned to haunt me.

I have read back through this topic and cannot find how it was solved last time. As you may know I have re-build my HS computer and in doing so may well have recreated the problem, except it's been working fine, BackeRupp that is, ever since the rebuild!

I have installed the debug version again and the log is stopping at exactly the same lines avery time, 255 / 256, but not processing the same file every time. Log is attached of the last of 4 runs of the exe.

Any Ideas, please?
        Attached Files
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

I installed BackeRupp today. I'm getting the same vbAccelerator error as Gogs.

Is this still unresolved?

Mark
          Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark S. View Post
            I installed BackeRupp today. I'm getting the same vbAccelerator error as Gogs.

Is this still unresolved?

Mark
            As far as I know it is still unresolved. I have stopped using it for HS, using Blades Backup instead.

When it works Rupp's is a brilliant backup system. I think the problem may be Microsoft has gone security mad since Rupp wrote this.
            sigpic

Comment

What's the exact error?
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                What's the exact error?
                Attached is a screenshot of the problem. It looks like the same issue that Gogs reported in post #22 above.

BackeRupp goes along fine for several minutes, then just stops when this vbAccelerator thing happens. It seems to have quit somewhere while backing up C:\Stargate. I have a zip file in Backups for HomeSeer2 - so I assume it completed that directory? I have nothing for the Stargate directory. None of the Stargate files are active, so I don't see why it should fail there.

Mark
                Attached Files
                Mark

Comment

Yes that is the same error I was getting.
                  sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about that error. It's being generated from the .dll that BackeRupp uses. This is "generally" caused by a bad file that is being updated but finding that file can be a nightmare.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                    X