Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help: Using CID to customize outgoing message?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help: Using CID to customize outgoing message?

Is there a way to use CID information to customize HSP's outgoing message? It would be pretty neat to be able to have it mention the person by name in the message. ie: "Hello /CallerID/. No one is avaliable to take......"

Is this even possible?

Granted, TTS of CID info is subpar, but the person calling should be able to recognize their own.

Has anyone tried this? Couldn't find anything in the script folders....

I'm not even sure where to begin....

Rob

Rob,

I haven't looked at the outgoing message scripting enough for this, but I don't recall seeing the ability to use variables in the outgoing messages. However, one way around this that I use, is to have a fairly generic outgoing message, then prepend a custom message to it. For example, I have my outgoing message set to "We aren't available now, please leave a message", then for recognized names in my phone book I have a custom greeting set to say "Hello Mom, thanks for being the wonderful person you are". When she calls, it says "Hell Mom, thanks for being the wonderful person you are, We aren't available now, please leave a message".

Not perfect, but works well. This way when I call, it answers with "Hi Jay you big stud, we arent....."

Jay Fro

Comment

Working...
    X