WeatherXML not Updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WeatherXML not Updating

Check in the weathercom_xml.ini file for a value called lastran. This variable is used to keep weather XML from updating more often than weather.com allows. If it was set to far into the future the script would run but not do anything.

Also check in the data/weathercom_xml directory for a file called weathercom.xml. Is it up to date or is the data in the file old?
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks Jeff. I'll check the above when I get home tonight.

Comment

Likewise

Jeff, I can't seem to get weather_XML to work under HS2 either....
        I've downloaded the update from HS2 updater, completed the setup page and saved it, Checked the box and executed the weathercom event from the web event page. Nothing happens and no devices are created. When I bring up the "weather" page on the HS web page it displays old weather data from Larwance, KS. lastran=11/19/2003 4:07:00 PM and , data in data/weathercom_XML is old from KS as well.

When I open config/weathercom_xml.ini in notepad it shows the correct data I entered through the webpage setup.

Thanks
        <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Comment

Check the event that gets the data. It installs disabled so it doesn't try to run until you get your codes from weather.com
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Jeff, FYI. never able to get weather_xml to function from HS 1.7 to work when HS2 was installed in same directory. Uninstall HS2, cleaned out the registry, and did a clean install of HS2 and new download of weather_XML to get it to work.

Thanks for your thoughts though.

Comment

Comment

It may have just been that the event was edited. I have mine set to repeat every 6 minutes, referenced to the hour and only run once per hour and it works just fine.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

WeatherXML Speak Not Speaking

Running HS2, WeatherXML fetches the weather just fine but I get the following WeatherXML Speak error message: "In speakdev speakproxy: invalid number of parameters". What does this mean and how can I fix it?

Comment

Working...
                  X