CNN Headline news troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CNN Headline news troubles

HL new stopped working for me last week sometime. I am using custom_cnn_headlines.txt Ver2 that utilizes http://rss.syntechsoftware.com/cnn.xml feed.

Log: 8/4/2005 11:05:07 AM~!~CNN Headline News~!~Failed to load XML file

Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Larry
    Larry

You need to grab the latest version that is in the scripts library. I updated it to use a better XML feed.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
      You need to grab the latest version that is in the scripts library. I updated it to use a better XML feed.
      Thanks RUPP
      Larry

Comment

Speaking of cnn headline the CNN Breaking News Alert as of last night plays the wav file but does not speak the cnn news alert or update the device. but if you go to the cnn.com it does show on the bar at the top.

any one else seeing this

Homeseer 2.01951

Thanks

Thom

Comment

Still working here Thom. This mornings alert:

Al Qaeda deputy leader threatens more destruction in London after last

month's transit attacks. Details soon.

Heard the wav and TTS in the garage this morning on the way to work.
          Larry

Comment

Originally posted by lpcalcaterra
            Still working here Thom. This mornings alert:

Al Qaeda deputy leader threatens more destruction in London after last

month's transit attacks. Details soon.

Heard the wav and TTS in the garage this morning on the way to work.

Your talking apples and oranges. Your talking about Breaking News and were taking about the Headline News. Two totally different animals.

Comment

Originally posted by HINTONTOWERS
              Speaking of cnn headline the CNN Breaking News Alert as of last night plays the wav file but does not speak the cnn news alert or update the device. but if you go to the cnn.com it does show on the bar at the top.

Thom
              Sorry Rupp I thought Thom was asking about Breaking News
              Larry

Comment

Originally posted by lpcalcaterra
                Sorry Rupp I thought Thom was asking about Breaking News

No problem I think Thom's reply is confusing as well:

Speaking of cnn headline the CNN Breaking News Alert
                He mentions both in the same sentence and that's really confusing. The headlines doesn't have a speak option so it I was able to infer what his point was I think.

Comment

CNN changed services for RSS

Had the same problem. Took me a while to figure out because the error message mentioned Weather - Failed to load XML. Here is the updated script with the new RSS feed and a corrected log message:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X