No announcement yet.

New DVD Releases using NetFlix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is everyones New Releases Updating? I see Sahara first but I also saw that last week. I also ask because the date at the top says last updated on 8/18/05 even though I try to rerun the script. Is that what everyone else is getting?

Comment

Yes, I'm not sure what this means. Mine says August 28th - which is the first time I successfully ran the modified script.

"Sahara", "Monster-In-Law", etc. *are* the current releases for this week. So, I'm thinking we will have to wait until next Tuesday to see if it updates (or the movies change at least).

I guess more will be revealed later,
      Bill

Comment

I was hoping that was the case for me yesterday being Tues but it didnt change. What are your first 3-5 DVD's that come up?

Comment

Originally posted by pp
          What are your first 3-5 DVD's that come up?
          1. Sahara
          2. Monster-In-Law
          3. Nip/Tuck
          4. Curb Your Enthuisasm
          5. Ong-Bak

Comment

Same here, Hmm I guess we will have to compare notes next Tues. I think everything works but the menu check date.. If you run that new releases script again does the date and time change for you?

Comment

Just fyi, a very devoted hal2000 user has written a very cool program called tell me, check it out at http://james.lipsit.com/tell_me.htm maybe someone could do something similar for hs

Comment

CD-CARD,
                I got all updated DVD's which works fine, Did your date change at the top of the page or is it the same as last week?

Comment

Hey pp,

Yes, the new releases were updated just fine. However, the header at the top of the page is the same as when first I ran the script "8/28/2005 10:28:50 AM". So, there's more to do to make it perfect.

<!-- <table width="60%" border="0"> <tr> <td>
                  -->OT: This afternoon I have been fooling with the DooMotion / X10 Car (Home / Away) script that you posted elsewhere. I think it was originally from "electron".

Anyway, does the correct operation of the script depend upon something actually triggering the motion sensor? I was thinking of putting an MS13a in the enclosed shell of my truck - where it probably would not get triggered but would be within range of my W800.

Bill

Comment

The car script worked on a series of ON commands then an off command. It triggers. But if you drive off then it never gets the off command till you get back.
                    Here is the script I use in the Custom Action code of DooMotion for the motion device set for the vehicle. I use the WS800 which receives the commands and gives it greater range. If you are having trouble placement in the vehicle was my only trouble but once I found a good spot it was fine.

This has worked flawlessly for me. I have a chime in there to trigger my audio system.

if datediff("n", sensor.laston, now) > 8 and sensor.laston > sensor.lastoff then
                    hs.MEDIAFilename="C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Wav\SLow2_tone_chime.wav"
                    hs.MEDIAplay
                    do while hs.mediaisplaying
                    hs.waitevents
                    loop
                    hs.Speak "<voice required='Name=NeoSpeech Kate 16k'>Honey! I'm Home! </voice>"
                    hs.execX10 "M10","off",0,0
                    hs.triggerevent "Vehicle"
                    end if

So I guess in answer to your question If nothing can trigger the motion then it wouldnt work. I have seen some creative Idea's using the DS10 glass/windows sensors which also use the ws800. One was using a mercury switch on it....

Comment

Thanks, that was a great help. No problem just sticking an MS13a inside my truck cab - but my wife's car is another story.... I too use the W800 to receive X10 and it has made all the difference.

So, what about your Netflix "New Release" date? Did it change?

Bill

Comment

To fix the new release date at the top of the page you have to make a change in the asp file.
                        Find the section:
                        Set fileCreated = fso.GetFile(FullPath)
                        FileDate = fileCreated.DateCreated

and change the line FileDate=fileCreated.DateCreated to:
                        FileDate = fileCreated.DateLastModified

As long as the file date looks at date created unless you delete the file it will never change.

hth,
                        HH

Comment

hh - That did it!

Thanks for the help,
                          Bill

Comment

Yes it Did! Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Working...
                            X