Weather Alert - Config Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather Alert - Config Area

I have the version for HS2 from the updater but I am not able to enter the setup. It runs and shows Oklahoma reports. The Doc states changing the zip in the .ini but that line isnt there. I think it is the old doc. The page files show as an .aspx extension but I cant seem to pull them up... Any tips here?
    Thanks

Your right about the doc being old. The new ini file uses a aspx page. Here Homeseer 2 displays the page fine. Is there an error message in the log or browser window when you try to load the page?

Comment

If I enter an aspx page as a homepage in the webpage setup tab and then hit the home key, HS starts to load the page then the browser hangs. If I access the same aspx page through DooMenuBar I can pull it up fine.

Is this what you are seeing too?

Later, Terry

Comment

I used DooMenu to put it in my menu's but that doesnt recognize .aspx. I dont know how else to load. But I now have an idea as I am typing this to load it direct in the browser...
        Well That didnt work it just showed the source.

TMAN1 how are you getting DooMenu to recognize the .aspx? You using hs2?

I finially figured it out. http://localhost/tcwarnings/warnsetup.aspx
        That will pull it up.
        Last edited by ; August 29, 2005, 08:15 PM.

Comment

DooMenuBar does have a submitted bug report about the dropdown picker not recognizing aspx files. I was however able to manually enter the required information into the DMB setup fields and the page would load.

\tcwarnings\warnings.aspx
          into the Link box in DMB
          and
          WeatherWarnings (or whatever you prefer)
          into the Caption box in DMB

Hope this helps, Terry

edit> yes I am using version 2.0 1955

Comment

Thanks TMAN1 I was able to do it but used the whole extension above. I will try you line. Thanks

Comment

I believe if you use the local host address and try to access from any machine other than the one HS is on you will get a 404 page not found error.

Entering it per my above example is like telling HS to launch the page located at this location relative to where you live.

HS server lives at some path\html. Asking for \tcwarnings\warnings.aspx is like saying launch this page relative to your current location.

Sorry if I went beyond where your at now. It is hard to gauge someone else's knowledge level. (no, usually it is just always way above mine!)

Later, Terry

Comment

I think you are right, I will try that later...

Comment

TMAN1 You were on the money. I had to change the link..
                  Thanks

Comment

Great, glad to help.

Im just trying to beat down the notion that I am a non-contributing malcontent.

Later, Terry

Comment

lol

Comment

Is there a way to increase the scroll speed of the data in the virtual device?

Comment

I believe so.

In the scripts directory is a file called Weather Warnings.txt. Open it and look for the line.
                          PHP Code:
                           If hs.DeviceString(HouseCode DeviceNum) <> "<MARQUEE SCROLLDELAY=250 WIDTH=100%><b>" 
                          (about midway thru the file)

I believe if you manipulate the SCROLLDELAY you can change the scroll speed. I am at work now and cannot try but I asked myself the same question and will try this when I get home. Not sure which way is faster or slower but some trial and error should solve that little question.

Later, Terry

Comment

I changed and rebooted to a 50 delay and it didnt affect the scroll.

Comment

Hmmmm

Okay, it was a guess. I'll ask my html guy tonight and see what he say's.

Good thing I threw in the "I believe" disclaimer then.

Later, Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X