No announcement yet.

Weather Alert - Config Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have looked at the same thing. I am going to look over the script maybe there is more than one reference to it.... Thanks

Comment

Don't give up yet!

Would you notice a change until a new devicestring was written? I.E. until a new alert comes along to create the devicestring with the new value wouldn't your existing device have been created with the old speed and no change would be noticed?

Just a thought, Terry

Comment

I thought of that and manually ran the script. I dont know if that would be different...

Comment

You are right about it appearing more than once in the script. Sorry, I missed that. It would have to be changed in all locations.

It looks like the script saves the last warning number back to the ini and compares the devicestring to the last value it contains and if it is different it then updates the devicestring with the new info. I am still learning this scripting thing but that seems to be what is happening. Maybe the author can chime in with the clarification of that one.

Terry

Comment

The last warning number is a obsolete ini listing. The original script did use this as you thought. This version just compares the device text string to the latest warning returned when the script is run. I'm going to do a small update to the script. The virtual device is supposed to update to show " no warnings " when no warnings are found. This doesn't seem to be updating right. I'll try to fix this. I'll try to add an option in the web setup page for the scroll speed while I'm at it.

Comment

Update

I checked tonight in Frontpage and ScrollDelay is the right one to change. Smaller numbers go faster.

There are tags to go left, right, change the number of times if will scroll by, and something about slide and alternate that I need to check out.

Later, Terry

Comment

Cool Tom and thanks

Comment

Thanks Tom, Much Appreciated..

Comment

Leadm Plugin

When Alerts happen. All is great but I am not seeing it on the batabrite LEADM sign. and yes it is set to true in the config.

Any Ideas ar ways to test.

Thanks

Thom

Comment

Thom,
                      I think I see the problem. Bad coding on my part. If your comfortable with editing a script. try adding this line.

useLedam = hs.GetINISetting("Settings", "useLedam", "", "weatherwarnings.ini")

Just before the block of code that checks for Ledam use.
                      It's at the end of the UpdateDevices Sub.

Let me know if this doesn't fix it.

Comment

Thom ,
                        Attached is a copy of the warnings script. Just drop it in your scripts folder to replace the old one. Let me know if this fixes the LEDAM issue and I'll send it in for the updater. Sorry it took so long. Have a bunch of people working on my house and I could only get away for a few minutes each day.
                        Last edited by ; November 10, 2005, 09:37 PM.

Comment

now I have to wait for the next round of warnings.

Thanks

Thom

Comment

I just had to reinstall my weather warnings, could you refresh my memory as I looked and didnt see it in the docs, After the house code is set and weather alert is run once will it create the device or do I have to make a device with that code? Also will it not create one till there is an actual alert?

Comment

Tom -

Just wanted to say that I love the Weather Warning script...thank you.

One question..If I recall correctly from my HS 1.7 setup, there was the ability to filter out what types of warnings are announced and what types are ignored. For example, you could choose to not have freeze warnings announced, etc.

The reason I ask is because in addition to weather alerts, I am also receiving missing child alerts (Amber Alerts) when the script goes out and looks for new warnings. Any way to turn this off?

Steve

Comment

Your right about the older version having a feature to filter the type of warnings reported. I just forgot to add it to this new version. It may be a while but I'll get it added back in.

Comment

Working...
                                X