• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my.GasBuddy 0.3 discussions.

This is the discussion section for my.GasBuddy 0.3 available here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=106531

Dan,
    We were answering threads in the scripts library and that was pointed out to me that that is a no no so I created a discussion thread here.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

When I run the event, I get 15 lines of errors of things that can't be served from the HTML folder. I turned off debug but I still get the errors filling my logs. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Comment

I don't get this line in the script
      "sPage = "/index.aspx?s=Y&fuel=A&area=Central%20Square&station=All%20St ations&tme_limit=84"
      The page I found my station on has a chart but the link at the top only says this-"http://www.iowastategasprices.com/"
      Is this what I put in this line or am I missing something else?
      Thanx
      Tim

ps here is the error I got when I ran it-
      "9/5/2005 10:56:22 AM~!~Warning~!~Could not get data from URL, error -2146697203 URL=iowastategasprices.comhttp://www.iowastategasprices.com/
      9/5/2005 10:56:22 AM~!~my.GasBuddy:error~!~Unable to download data from iowastategasprices.com
      9/5/2005 10:56:22 AM~!~my.GasBuddy:debug~!~"
      FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

fungun,
        Find the gas stations near you on the state site you noted. Then, once you have the stations onscreen, copy / paste the URL into the script.

for example, here is Dubuque:
        /index.aspx?s=Y&fuel=A&area=Dubuque&station=All%20Stations&tm e_limit=72

Comment

Now I feel silly.
          Did not see the search area to the left and down aways
          Thanx
          Tim
          FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

MeSteve, can you post the errors?

As for the Script Library thread, if people aren't supposed to respond, then the forum should be configured to not allow replies. But I still prefer replies going to the thread on CT, I only posted the script here since it might benefit non-Cocooners.
            HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
            (aka xplosiv)
            Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

9/4/2005 9:49:19 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/Styles.css
              9/4/2005 9:49:19 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/blank.gif
              9/4/2005 9:49:19 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/head_spacer2.gif
              9/4/2005 9:49:19 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/logos/Syracuse_gas.gif
              9/4/2005 9:49:19 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/art/lil_graph.gif
              9/4/2005 9:49:19 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/Images/art/trend_up.gif
              9/4/2005 9:49:19 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/prizes/gasbuddy/side_start_0905.gif
              9/4/2005 9:49:19 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/art/more_info2.gif
              9/4/2005 9:49:19 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/art/browncar.gif
              9/4/2005 9:49:19 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/art/smartpages.gif
              9/4/2005 9:49:19 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/Styles.css
              9/4/2005 9:49:19 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/logos/NorthDakota_gas.gif
              9/4/2005 9:49:20 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/Images/art/trend_down.gif
              9/4/2005 9:49:20 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/art/nocar.gif
              9/4/2005 9:49:20 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/art/qwestdex2.gif
              9/4/2005 9:49:29 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/Styles.css
              9/4/2005 9:49:30 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/blank.gif
              9/4/2005 9:49:30 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/logos/Syracuse_gas.gif
              9/4/2005 9:49:30 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/head_spacer2.gif
              9/4/2005 9:49:30 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/art/lil_graph.gif
              9/4/2005 9:49:30 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/prizes/gasbuddy/side_start_0905.gif
              9/4/2005 9:49:30 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/art/more_info2.gif
              9/4/2005 9:49:30 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/art/smartpages.gif
              9/4/2005 9:49:30 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/Images/art/trend_up.gif
              9/4/2005 9:49:30 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/art/browncar.gif
              9/4/2005 9:49:30 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/Styles.css
              9/4/2005 9:49:30 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/logos/NorthDakota_gas.gif
              9/4/2005 9:49:30 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/Images/art/trend_down.gif
              9/4/2005 9:49:30 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/art/qwestdex2.gif
              9/4/2005 9:49:30 PM ~!~Error~!~Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/art/nocar.gif

These are the errors I was getting. But upon subsequent tries, I cannot get it to duplicate.

Onc you start working on the next version, is there a way that we could enter the local gas stations manually, then it would tell us which one is the cheapest and return that value in the SINGLE device instead of having to have devices for all stations. Maybe rank the stations in order of preference so if 2 have the same price it will show your prefered station instead of just a local one that may be out of the way.

Comment

Not sure what's going on, all the script does is pull the HTML code down and look for some text. Unless something changed in HS 2.0 with the hs.GetURL function, it shouldn't do that at all. But even if that is a new 'feature', it shouldn't throw these files in the HTML directory.
                HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
                (aka xplosiv)

Comment

Whatever it was, it seems to have worked itself out.

Comment

MeSteve, I had the same thing going on and Smooth pointed out I had it set for debug mode. It was pulling up the html and showing it in my hs log and thos where the image errors because it didnt find the pics..

Anyway I have a question for Electron or whomever:
                    The script I have set just searches my local area not a single station. But I have noticed if there are 4 stations posting it always selects the highest price station. Is there a way to change something in the script so if it found 4 stations to take the lowest. Then am going to link it to Rupp's .asp file to see which station it was... Is this something that can be done easily?

Comment

This script is really more designed to keep track of the station you visit frequently (imo, it doesn't make sense to drive 20 miles to find a station which is a few cents cheaper, while you increase risk of getting into an accident etc). But since I am planning on adding support for more than 1 preferred station, I think I can have the script report which one of those preferred stations has the best price.
                      (aka xplosiv)

Comment

Okay Thanks Electron,
                        Also thanks for the fun script..

Comment

Originally posted by Electron
                          This script is really more designed to keep track of the station you visit frequently (imo, it doesn't make sense to drive 20 miles to find a station which is a few cents cheaper, while you increase risk of getting into an accident etc). But since I am planning on adding support for more than 1 preferred station, I think I can have the script report which one of those preferred stations has the best price.
                          But Dan what about the 13 gas stations I pass on the way home that range in price from 3.29 to 2.73? Thats .56 a gallon difference or $11.20 for 20 gallons. It may be worth your drive.

http://12.219.147.188:81/gasbuddy.asp?iHours=12
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have had a couple of occurances with the script. Not sure what caused it but I feel confident it was the script because once I suspended it it stoppped. Here is what happened: everything was fine and in the morning hours HS would lock up solid. I kept getting script has run longer blah blah end or continue. But I couldnt click on anything. This happened twice. I had to CTRL ALT DEL to stop and everytime I restarted HS it locked. Then the 2 times I stopped it I had to delete (mygasbuddy) the actual script in my files so it wouldnt run then HS started up fine. But it only will happen in the morning. My script runs every 3 hours and would work all day... I am just throwing this out there to see if anyone else has had such an occurance.

Comment

PP:. you might want to turn on debugging, and see where it hangs. What version of HS are you running?

Rupp, I drive 60 miles a day to and from work, and the price difference here is always only a few cents. I will be adding support for multiple gas stations, but I am definitely not trying to duplicate what GasBuddy.com is already doing. I wrote the script since I wanted to get notified when the price of my preferred gas station changes, so I figured the script wouldn't be good for everyone, but judging by the # of downloads, it is pretty popular.
                              (aka xplosiv)

Comment

Working...
                              X