No announcement yet.

GassBuddy.asp 0.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.....and there go all my icons... plus the page does not seem to be updating...
    Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

C'mon Rupp, fix this puppy!

Comment

aight so this may not work.. seems they are renaming the images... all mine didnt show up right so I downloaded them.. I already had 1.90 and now I have 2... oh well think im done with this...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Was anyone able to get this working correctly?

Comment

on and off I've been trying to work with some OCR to pull it off so when it changes it can rebuild a dictionary list.

I've got the OCR working, but it's pretty expensive if I want to buy a copy to include in a plugin or something, so I'm looking into another way of doing it, such as a web service that will retrieve the latest dictionary if changed.... One part I'm having a hard time is when they do make a change, I need to find a page that lists the highest gas price in the country all the way down to the lowest, and then I can OCR each image.

It's a long shot, but I'm not sure if I can figure out any other way to do it.

I'm sure you could have the images displayed on your screen, but for me, I need the numbers.
          Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Dang Joe that's ambitious. I've decided to let this script/asp page die and move on. Web page scraping is just too time consuming.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

BUMP!!!!!!

thought id bring this back to life...

anyone ever look into this any more?
              I just thought id try it again... but cant even get it working as I did at one point...

I created a gasbuddy folder under html
              put the .asp and .css in there..
              edited the .asp and put my locations in but get this error..
              Code:
              Script error: Invalid procedure call or argument: 'instr'	iEnd = instr(iStart,page,"")	'response.Write iStart & ""
              not sure why as I had it working before I moved my HS to a different machine.... grrrrrrrr

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Since they moved the prices to gifs and change them weekly this asp page is no longer feasible. We need and XML feed for this info and the parsing would be easy and worthwhile.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

yeah I figured that... oh well..... HAH... it was a useful lil plugin...

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                    Since they moved the prices to gifs and change them weekly this asp page is no longer feasible. We need and XML feed for this info and the parsing would be easy and worthwhile.
                    Rupp, this isn't an XML feed, but it does seem like it could be parsed. I just haven't had the time to look into writing the script for it.

http://gasprices.mapquest.com/

At one point I found that gasbuddy also has a mapping thing with google maps that shows the price in ascii format, not gif... but I noticed that sometimes there were missing gas stations when I used that.

maps.google.com click the "my maps" tab -> "Browse the directory" -> "gasbuddy"

Merry Christmas!
                    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

wow zimmer that is a cool find. However I also see that gasbuddy is not getting updated anymore. I started helping to update the prices for a bit when they changed...now I look and I dont see anyone contributing to my area.. which I would do but dont at the moment...

Comment

Working...
                      X