speakers ...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speakers ...?

Clearly some of you have figured out how to send homeseer generated "announcements" through your home speakers.

I've a distributed home Stereo system - so how do you guys get it into your system?

There are several ways.

1. Wire the output of you PC's sound card into an input port on your stereo system.

If you cand run wire, I believe D-Link sells a wireless Transmitter and reciever that would work. I don't own one but others here do I believe.

Personally I have 4 sets of wireless speakers (4 zones) with one transmitter connected to my PC's sound card. I have the power source of the speakers connected to appliance modules so I can control which zones are active. I also have My cd collection on my PC and I can have music anywhere in my home along with announcments.

Wireless is not the best way to go but is the easiest and cheapest way IMHO.
    Thanks,

T.

Comment

I have the speaker out of the HS server to RCA adapter then from RCA to rear of receiver.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have the speaker out wired to a aux input in my newtone intercom system. so it plays thru the whole house

Comment

Originally posted by Tcassio
          Personally I have 4 sets of wireless speakers (4 zones) with one transmitter connected to my PC's sound card. I have the power source of the speakers connected to appliance modules so I can control which zones are active. I also have My cd collection on my PC and I can have music anywhere in my home along with announcments.
          Do your announcements go to the entire house or just specific zones? What happens if someone is listening to music in the zone where you DON'T want an announcement?

Dan

Comment

Working...
          X