(Voice) Reminders.asp for HS 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Voice) Reminders.asp for HS 2.0

This is an ASP page that will do a one time speak of a phrase of your choice. It is just a web page that runs it all.

Run the ASP page. On the first run it will create 20 events called VOICE REMINDER 1-20 under the group VOICE REMINDERS if they are not already there.

New for the HS 2.0 setup is the ability to direct the speech to all computers with speaker clients running, just one computer, or just one instance on one computer. Read the botton of that web page for details. Also new is this script will set the Power Fail Recovery for these events.

NOTE: The first load may be a little slow, it is creating an INI file and it is making 20 events. If it takes too long, just refresh the page and it will either load quickly or it will be recreating the missing events.

NOTE: If you already had this going under HS 1.7, please delete all the events under the VOICE REMINDERS event group before running this ASP page the first time.

Just unzip it and put it in your HomeSeer/html directory.

Then run: http://YOUR_HOMESEER_COMPUTER_NAME_HERE/reminders.asp

<O</O

Changes:
    11/8/05 4:00 PM PST -- Fixed error on first installs. (Sorry T.)
    11/8/05 5:50 PM PST -- Fixed another error on first installs.
    11/12/05 2:15 PM PST -- It looks for changed events only so your log doesn't fill up. That also makes it faster after the initial load.

Future Plans:
    Automatic resetting of lines when they are more than two days old.

<O
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bill Brower; November 12, 2005, 05:01 PM.

~Bill

Downloaded the newest version and now when I access the page I get this.
    Attached Files
    Thanks,

T.

Comment

Try this new one please, these events are really touchy.

~Bill

Comment

Sorry Bill,

No change

Steven

Comment

karls:

Try above again, I don't see any downloads as of the time of your post.

reminders.zip (2.2 KB, 0 views)

~Bill

Comment

There is no attachment!
            Thanks,

T.

Comment

Bill,

I re-downloaded just in case anyway, but I did download after your initial post to try.
              The file is dated today with a 5:52 timestamp
              May I suggest a note in the asp page showing a version. It may help reduce confusion later when troubleshooting.
              The file unfortunately produces the same results, so I did the following.
              - checked to ensure that no events were programmed
              - checked to ensure the event group "Voice Reminders" was gone
              - deleted the ini file in the config directory.

Same results

But I have my fingers crossed

Steven

Comment

Originally posted by Tcassio
                There is no attachment!
                Tcassio,

were you maybe looking at Bill's response to me ?
                If so, then he did a snippit showing that there was no downloads of his file. the file is up in the original post.

Steven

Comment

Is everyone using HS 2.0?

~Bill

Comment

Hs2 2003.
                    Thanks,

T.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower
                      Yes here

Build 2003 !

Oh! I forgot to mention, I have seen before when I downloaded files from Mike's post that the counter would not always update. That may be why you did not see my download, either that or maybe it remembered that I had downloaded your file before.

Steven

Comment

Bill,

I think I found a clue.
                        I turned on and added some debugging, it would appear that the system actually thinks that the events already exist, hence it won't create new ones.

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/8/2005 9:34:14 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>DEBUG </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Found VOICE REMINDER 0</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/8/2005 9:34:14 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>DEBUG </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Found VOICE REMINDER 1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/8/2005 9:34:14 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>DEBUG </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Found VOICE REMINDER 2</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/8/2005 9:34:14 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>DEBUG </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Found VOICE REMINDER 3</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/8/2005 9:34:14 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>DEBUG </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Found VOICE REMINDER 4</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/8/2005 9:34:14 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>DEBUG </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Found VOICE REMINDER 5</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/8/2005 9:34:14 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>DEBUG </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Found VOICE REMINDER 6</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/8/2005 9:34:14 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>DEBUG </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Found VOICE REMINDER 7</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Steven

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower
                          Yip, running 2003, and using the version posted on this BBS without any problem, at this point.
                          sigpic
                          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

OK, think I have it. There were extra VOICE REMINDERS xx created but in other event groups.

List your events using ALL LOCATIONS, delete all events called VOICE REMINDERS and try it again please.

~Bill

Comment

The problem I think was one of those interim ones created the events but under the wrong group. Since Gogs started with an earlier version, his groups were already in place. Mine worked because mine didn't have the events in the wrong group.

~Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X