TC Recipe Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC Recipe Discussion

Please post suggestions,bug reports,flames,etc for TC Recipe here. I emailed the update in last night for HS 2.0 It should be in the updater soon. May be monday being as today was a holiday. For those who can't wait to play send me an email and I'll send a copy and easy install instructions. There are some new features. Import for Master Cook and Meal Master recipe files. Some new asp.net pages for editing recipes,categories. A asp.net page for setup. Options, database update, import. And a couple asp.net pages for touchpad use. There is support now for preperation time, serving size, notes and multiple categories (up to 5) for each recipe.

Tom,

Have been patiently waiting for you to publish this for HS2, loaded it as soon as I seen it Really hoping this will help with the WAF.
    However, I found some Meal Master recipes on the web, but encountered some confusion upon trying to add them.
    As a suggestion, could you add a browse button in order to locate and select the file in question ?

Thanks
    Steven

Comment

Everything seems to be working fine with one small exception. I do not seem to be able to delete Categories. When I go into the Category page and click on the "Delete" link next to a Category I get an "Error on Page". Unfortunately I am not able to figure out what the particular error is. The categories I am attempting to delete have had the associated recipes deleted prior to trying to remove the category.

Additional:
      When I am at the main page and attempt to go into a category that now contains no recipes (because I deleted them), I get the following error message "Script error: Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record." "rsCat.MoveFirst"

Comment

As soon as I'm finished with the work I'm doing on the shopping list. I'll take a look at fixing these bugs. I'll check into a browse button also for the import. Not sure about the browse button. I tried to do this earlier for file upload but had no success.

Thanks for letting me know.

Comment

Edit Recipes Error on page

On the Edit Recipes page, selecting any category in the drop down other than the initial "Afgan Recipes".

generates this page error:

Line: 80
          Char: 3
          Error: Object doesn't suppor this property or method
          Code: 0
          url: http://....tcrecipe/editrecipe.aspx

HS 2.0.2014.0
          XP MCE SP2

Comment

Under Cassoroles/Kitty Litter Casserole, the "Send" button is missing from under the email address/name. It's there for other recipies, I'm not sure what's different here -- but thought you might like to take a look at it.

Comment

Wouldn't you know it. I just emailed an update in for the recipe package. Hopefully it will be in the updater early this week. This should fix the bugs that were reported here. Except for the last one about the email. hehe I'll take a look at it.

Steven,
              I tried adding the browse button for the import. Thats why this update was slow coming. I'm pretty sure there is an issue with the homeseer webserver concerning this. I never could get it to work. If I find a way later I will be sure to add this feature. This is good idea. A lot of people are probably like me and don't have easy access to their homeseer server.

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm always open to suggestions.

Comment

couple of issues...... darn

I get this just trying to take a look at the Peanut Butter Big Cookies- on the left side, 5 most popular recipes.

Script error: No value given for one or more required parameters.rsDetail.Open()rsDetail_numRows = 0

if I venture to Recipe touch - and selct type of food - I get another error (it's a whole page)

Server Error in '/' Application.
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
                Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

configuration>
                system.web>
                customErrors mode="Off"/>
                system.web>
                configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

configuration>
                system.web>
                customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
                system.web>
                configuration>

((((((I removed the beginning of the tags so this would post correctly.))))

Comment

Translation

Tom,
                  can you insert an optional field to "filter" all recipes by "language", so every people around the world can add recipes in your own language.
                  I find it useful.
                  Thank you!

Comment

Tom,

Just installed the script, and am getting this when I click on anything in the main recipe page...

Script error: No value given for one or more required parameters.rsDetail.Open()rsDetail_numRows = 0

Running 2.0.2041

Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch!
                    Toby
                    HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

I am getting the following error when trying to load edit recipies, delete recipies or recipe setup

ASP.Net Error in editcategory.aspx Could not load file or assembly 'HS2Util, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified

I also am getting the same error as kuntakintay when clicking on anything on the default.asp

Comment

FYI - I never got a response back unfortunately, so assumed that this plugin is not managed/supported anymore and removed from my system.
                        HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

Kuntakintay, go it all resolved!

1. Copy the bin folder from the HTML foder into tcrecipies folder.
                          2. Open up the recipe setup page.
                          3. Hit the Update Database button at the top.
                          4. Enjoy

I PM'ed Tom, seems he was not getting new post messages about this thread. He walked me thru getting all squared away and now it seems to be working like a champ!

Comment

Just jumped into the recipes app. Very nice! Just got it from the updater. Running 2.1.10.

A few questions. I see no 'Update Database' button in setup or anywhere else. When I first brought Recipes up, it was pretty much blank but it did say updates are available so I clicked that link and recipes populated the screen. The lastest are from 2003. I looked thru the discussions threads on this and discovered that's when Tom started the project. I have a copy of the HS \html bin folder in \tcrecipe.

A thread also mentioned a tie-in to the Shopping List. Not seeing that. I do see addshop.asp in the folder which I assume has to do with that function.

Finally, there are the import functions. Are they paths TO MM and MC or local paths to download FROM MM & MC?

I think I've missed a discussion thread somewhere.

Thanks guys.

Comment

I don't think the update database adds new recipies, just updates the database structure. If you select a recipe and view the actual ingredients and directions, at the very bottom is a button to add to shopping list. As for the MM and MC, your on your own as I do not have those.

Comment

Working...
                              X