Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Caldwell
    Guest replied
    I may be able to add a option in the ini file to enter a file path to save instead of printing. Would this do what you need?. I also see I missed a post above about a bug.
    Last edited by ; July 29, 2006, 04:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• huggy591
    replied
    That's possible, ldragon99, but you'd have to code it. You might be able to write a script to scrape the webpage that shows the current shopping list and store it in a file... or you could modify the Print List code to write it to disk as well.

The shopping list is in the database, but not as a discrete shopping list - the quantities of each item that are on the list are stored in one of the fields in the db and reference the item. When you ask for the list, whether through the button or VR, the list is assembled by querying the db. This is how most db-stored data systems work - the shopping list can be thought of as a report, generated at the time you request it by querying the database and putting the results in a list format.

Leave a comment:

• ldragon99
    replied
    ok well how about

Ok It seems this is not posible or know one knows so how about this. Does anyone know where the file that my grocery list is. I thought maby it was in the database but I opened it and cannot see it. Does it store it in the database somewhere or does it create a txt file or something?

Leave a comment:

• ldragon99
    replied
    priont to file

Is there a way that when I use VR to print the shopping list that it prints it to a text file and saves that file in my pocket pc folder on the desktop of my hs machine. that way when I sync my IPaq to hs I get my shopping list on my IPAQ?

Or even better everytime I add something it updates to the list started on my ipaq

Leave a comment:

• CJVann
    replied
    Input for any item not in list

Hi Tom - I love the "Input for any item not in list:" box, but it returns an error if we enter something into it (Exampe: Card). Any thoughts?

Script error: Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another.

cmd.ActiveConnection = listdb

Leave a comment:

• huggy591
    replied
    Ok, I had one store. When I went to add a second store, I got an error about the database being locked (by me). That's when I got into trouble. The second store was added, but the update must not be completing through the other parts of the database.

However, I just did it again after rebooting my HS machine, and it allowed me to add the second store and I can still edit the db. Let me try to add a third store...

Well, it's working now. Go figure. Now to set up a PC in the kitchen and add my scanner.

So I guess it's a false alarm this time. Sorry!

Leave a comment:

• huggy591
    replied
    Figured out the problem - I added a second store and it caused this problem. When I removed it, everything came back. Let me make sure I've got the latest scripts, and I'll let you know what I find.

Leave a comment:

• huggy591
    replied
    Guys,

I installed the TCShopList under HS2 to give it a spin. As I was going thru the db cleaning it up for my use, using the web page "Edit DB", I received an error when removing and editing some items. I was not able to catch the specific error, however, as the web page refreshed too quickly.

Now I'm getting an error when I go to the "Edit Db" again. I see the first item in the list (any letter list that has items in it), and then I get this error:

Code:
    Script error: Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.

response.write

I've looked at the DB in Access and everything appears fine. Ideas/suggestions as to what happened and how to fix it? I'm not using VR or UPC scanner yet, but plan to.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Caldwell
    Guest replied
    Hi, The shoplist package update is finished and in the updater now. Hopefully the issues people were seeing are fixed. I want to thank dlgardne for all the testing with scanner support and quicklist page. This would not have happened without his help.

Tom

Leave a comment:

• Tom Caldwell
    Guest replied
    I should have an update to this package soon. Hopefully all the reported issues are fixed.

Tom

Leave a comment:

• CJVann
    replied
    Can't save new items to the list

I was just told that if you add an item to the database, then add it to the shopping list, it will vanish from the list when you press "Save".

The work-around is that you must save a quantity of at least 2 of that item before saving it, then go back and adjust the quantity.

Leave a comment:

• Bacon
    Guest replied
    Hi,

Its OK I found the offending "Server.CreateObject" statement in the makelist file and removed the "Server." bit.

All works great now, thanks,

David

Leave a comment:

• Bacon
    Guest replied
    Hi,

Please can somebody help I am getting the following error when I try to save a quick list:-

Script error: Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Server.CreateObject'

Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
    rs.ActiveConnection = listdb

Have I done something wrong or how can I fix this.

Also is there a help file or instructions txt.

Many thanks,

David

Leave a comment:

• CJVann
    replied
    The quick list (the screen that comes up when you press the "Shop List" button.) It works fine until you press "Save", then it adds all the extra items.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Caldwell
    Guest replied
    Wow, thats a serious bug. I'll take a look at it. Were you using the quicklist web page? Vr?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X