TC ShopList Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Database Error

Can anybody help? I am trying to add to the quick list and get the error listed below. I believe I set up my data source correctly. I've set Security on 'Low' in MS Access. Not sure what else I need to do. Any help appreciated. How do I find out if I have Jet 4.0 installed?
    Thanks
    Danny Norris
    error follows -

Script error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020101.
    If ucase(Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER")) <> ucase("guest") Then
    MM_grantAccess = true
    End If
    If Not MM_grantAccess Then
    Response.Redirect("accessdenied.asp")
    End If
    list = Request.QueryString.Item("Sel")
    if list <> "" then
    listdb = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & hs.getapppath & "/data/tcshoppinglist/Grocery97.mdb"
    Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
    rs.ActiveConnection = listdb
    rs.CursorType = 0
    rs.CursorLocation = 2
    rs.LockType = 3
    <snippit end>

Comment

Danny,

I'm not an expert here but since no one else has answered maybe this will help... I'm making an assumption in answering. ... You did not indicate you were using voice response so I'm assuming you are working from the "Quist list" page. If that is correct then maybe the problem is one of these:

1. When you get this error are you logged into HS with the same security level as when you installed the TCshopping list script? If not that is possibly the problem.

2. If you wish to log in as a "guest", did you enable the script to permit that action? If not, you can do that on the event setup screen by checking "Web guests can trigger this event".

Not much but may be a help.

Dennis

Comment

I can lookup the HRESULT code later to maybe find something more specific, but at first glance I see the concatenation string for the datasource is not using the proper slash for a file reference.

"/data/tcshoppinglist/Grocery97.mdb"

should be

"\data\tcshoppinglist\Grocery97.mdb"

Comment

Wild card entries

Ver 2.0.1
          The other half brought home a bunch of unexpected items from the store this week, thinking I had put them on the list. We found that if you add an item, it actually adds that item, and all other items that start with that word, when you press SAVE.

For instance, if you put "Butter" on the list, when you hit "SAVE" it'll add
          "Butter"
          "Buttermilk"
          "Buttermilk pancakes"
          "Butterscotch candy", etc.

Comment

Wow, thats a serious bug. I'll take a look at it. Were you using the quicklist web page? Vr?

Comment

The quick list (the screen that comes up when you press the "Shop List" button.) It works fine until you press "Save", then it adds all the extra items.

Comment

Hi,

Please can somebody help I am getting the following error when I try to save a quick list:-

Script error: Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Server.CreateObject'

Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
                rs.ActiveConnection = listdb

Have I done something wrong or how can I fix this.

Also is there a help file or instructions txt.

Many thanks,

David

Comment

Hi,

Its OK I found the offending "Server.CreateObject" statement in the makelist file and removed the "Server." bit.

All works great now, thanks,

David

Comment

Can't save new items to the list

I was just told that if you add an item to the database, then add it to the shopping list, it will vanish from the list when you press "Save".

The work-around is that you must save a quantity of at least 2 of that item before saving it, then go back and adjust the quantity.

Comment

I should have an update to this package soon. Hopefully all the reported issues are fixed.

Tom

Comment

Hi, The shoplist package update is finished and in the updater now. Hopefully the issues people were seeing are fixed. I want to thank dlgardne for all the testing with scanner support and quicklist page. This would not have happened without his help.

Tom

Comment

Guys,

I installed the TCShopList under HS2 to give it a spin. As I was going thru the db cleaning it up for my use, using the web page "Edit DB", I received an error when removing and editing some items. I was not able to catch the specific error, however, as the web page refreshed too quickly.

Now I'm getting an error when I go to the "Edit Db" again. I see the first item in the list (any letter list that has items in it), and then I get this error:

Code:
                          Script error: Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.

response.write

I've looked at the DB in Access and everything appears fine. Ideas/suggestions as to what happened and how to fix it? I'm not using VR or UPC scanner yet, but plan to.
                          |
                          | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
                          HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Figured out the problem - I added a second store and it caused this problem. When I removed it, everything came back. Let me make sure I've got the latest scripts, and I'll let you know what I find.
                            |
                            | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show

Comment

Ok, I had one store. When I went to add a second store, I got an error about the database being locked (by me). That's when I got into trouble. The second store was added, but the update must not be completing through the other parts of the database.

However, I just did it again after rebooting my HS machine, and it allowed me to add the second store and I can still edit the db. Let me try to add a third store...

Well, it's working now. Go figure. Now to set up a PC in the kitchen and add my scanner.

So I guess it's a false alarm this time. Sorry!
                              |
                              | - Gordon

Comment

Input for any item not in list

Hi Tom - I love the "Input for any item not in list:" box, but it returns an error if we enter something into it (Exampe: Card). Any thoughts?

Script error: Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another.

cmd.ActiveConnection = listdb

Comment

Working...
                                X