TC ShopList Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony,
    After manually entering a upc code hit the enter key before using the update button. The asp page uses the newline after the upc code to parse the upc codes. I tried here and it seems to be working.

Comment

That worked

Tom,

Thanks. I tried that and it worked. Should have thought of that since scanners are usually set up to automatically input a CR after the barcode. Guess I'll try using the scanner now.

Tony

Comment

Hello

I have a few questions on the shopping list plugin.

How do you name a list? I see default but no way to add a name.

I see categories but how do I access them. For instance as I add the specific chips that I want under the category "chip" is there a way to pull up the category chips and see the items I placed in that category?

I also see three events for this plugin. What do they do?

thanks
        Lance

Comment

bump

Comment

Error trying to save ShoppingList Db

When I try to Edit Db, I get an error:

Script error: Syntax error in UPDATE statement.

cmd.Execute
            Count = Count + 1

any idea?

Also would the version of mdb cause any issues, because I am using Office2000 and I notice your db is 97 ?
            -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
            VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
            Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Hi Tom Caldwell are you still making any updates to tcshopping list as I have a few suggestions.
              Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud 9 Entertainment View Post
                Hi Tom Caldwell are you still making any updates to tcshopping list as I have a few suggestions.
                Thanks.

It would be great to hear from Tom, but he hasn't responded on some of his other apps for a bit. His last post was Dec. 20, so perhaps he is on extended vacation or something.
                HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Maybe an around the world cruise or something.

Comment

I tried the software and (while it is good) I've decided it is not what I want. How do you you completely unistall the plug-in?

Thank you

Comment

Can someone point me to a barcode scanner link that works well with the TC Shopping List plugin? For the first time my wife is "asking" me to implement an application that will allow her to scan a shopping list from groceries we normally use. She saw some TV show where they were scanning barcodes of discarded and empty cans, bags, boxes, etc., just before trashing, after cooking a meal, to generate a shopping list. I like those round scanners that sit on a flat surface (not the ones you hold in your hand).

I fooled around with this application a year ago but could never get the VR to work well enough for the wife to use it.

I'm hoping a barcode scanner upgrade will be simple enough to generate a shopping list simply by "scan it before you trash it". And I do hope I misread the above post stating "hit enter" after scanning. I wouldn't expect to need a keyboard in the kitchen to "hit enter" after each scan.

Anybody out there got this set up with a barcode scanner that the wife "scans it and trashes it", then dumps shopping list to printer before going to groceries.

Comment

Use in Mainlobby without VR

Is anyone out there using this application in a Mainlobby environment? When I first tried the TC Shopping List script a couple of years ago, I could not get the VR reliable enough to implement with both myself and wife using it. It would be nice to set this up on a Mainlobby touchscreen in my kitchen and use the touchscreen for access vs using VR.

I also recently purchased a barcode scanner and was hoping to scan kitchen items before trashing them to generate a shopping list.

Anybody out there having success with with either of the above???

Comment

TC ShopList Removal

Does anyone know how to completely uninstall TC ShopList?

Comment

Originally posted by sportera View Post
                            Is anyone out there using this application in a Mainlobby environment? When I first tried the TC Shopping List script a couple of years ago, I could not get the VR reliable enough to implement with both myself and wife using it. It would be nice to set this up on a Mainlobby touchscreen in my kitchen and use the touchscreen for access vs using VR.

I also recently purchased a barcode scanner and was hoping to scan kitchen items before trashing them to generate a shopping list.

Anybody out there having success with with either of the above???
                            Bump...

Is anyone even using this application? How about responding to this forum? Is Tom Caldwell still out there?

Comment

Yeah Tom's still out there, I emailed him a few weeks ago but he said he's not done any HS stuff for a while. Thats as far as it went. It's a shame as this has potential.

As far as a scanner goes any of the usb type off Ebay seem to work. I've found that you need to check that the item already exists in the www.upcdatabase.com database before adding it to the shopping list. Otherwise the shopping list appears not to work, it could have done with a warning saying Item not found in UPC Database please go to www.upcdatabase.com to add this item.

It's not major as you only need to check when adding new products for the first time and you can add the items to www.upcdatabase.com's site.

To try it without a scanner go to the upcdatabase site click lookup and enter the numbers below the barcode if you get the item description, go to shopping list and click on upc adddb i think and type the number in the box press enter (the enters done automatically by a scanner) click add upc then click update shop database. In green it should say whats been added (this is where if it isn't in the list a warning would be useful) if you click quick list you'll see it's now added to the shop list on the left.

Mark

Comment

One problem I have is when I try to edit the database it loses items when saving and I get blank lines in the shop list which if clicked it adds it to the shopping list as a blank line with a quantity.

any Ideas

Comment

Working...
                                X