Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FourQ
    replied
    Every time I try to edit something in the database beginning with 'C' I get the following error message:

Script error: Type mismatch: 'cint'

If cint(InStock) > cint(Desired) and cint(Amount) = cint(InStock) and Trim(Ucase(AutoAdd)) = "YES" then
    Amount = cint(Desired)

Could anybody Dropbox a copy of their database? (Preferably a Brit as I've spent ages removing the American products and replacing with items for sale over here, and now it's crashed).

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Xtension
    replied
    Remove/Uninstall TC ShopList

Does anyone know how to remove TC ShopList? It's not a plug-in so I can't just remove or disable it and there isn't a script that loads at start-up either so I'm not sure how to remove it. I've been staring at the unused orange colored Shop List button for over a year now and I'd really like to be rid of it.

-Steve

Leave a comment:

• sportera
    replied
    Thanks for the reply Wher2guv. Getting ready to move my kitchen touchscreen to a better place in kitchen to make access easier. Guess I'll tackle the scanner shortly after that. Make issue is figuring out how maket this application easier to implement in Mainlobby as I do not have a whole lot of confidence in using VR with both myself and wife.

Leave a comment:

• wher2guv
    replied
    Hi I have just received this email from Tom I don't know enough about coding or have the time to take it on but here's the offer. It's all coded in VB and ASP

Hi Mark, I'm glad you like the scripts. Truthfully I really don't have time to support it any more and no scanner to test with. I'm starting a new job. 10 hour shifts and 6 days a week. I would be willing to donate the code if somone could take over support.
    Last edited by wher2guv; February 27, 2009, 02:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wher2guv
    replied
    One problem I have is when I try to edit the database it loses items when saving and I get blank lines in the shop list which if clicked it adds it to the shopping list as a blank line with a quantity.

any Ideas

Leave a comment:

• wher2guv
    replied
    Yeah Tom's still out there, I emailed him a few weeks ago but he said he's not done any HS stuff for a while. Thats as far as it went. It's a shame as this has potential.

As far as a scanner goes any of the usb type off Ebay seem to work. I've found that you need to check that the item already exists in the www.upcdatabase.com database before adding it to the shopping list. Otherwise the shopping list appears not to work, it could have done with a warning saying Item not found in UPC Database please go to www.upcdatabase.com to add this item.

It's not major as you only need to check when adding new products for the first time and you can add the items to www.upcdatabase.com's site.

To try it without a scanner go to the upcdatabase site click lookup and enter the numbers below the barcode if you get the item description, go to shopping list and click on upc adddb i think and type the number in the box press enter (the enters done automatically by a scanner) click add upc then click update shop database. In green it should say whats been added (this is where if it isn't in the list a warning would be useful) if you click quick list you'll see it's now added to the shop list on the left.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• sportera
    replied
    Originally posted by sportera View Post
    Is anyone out there using this application in a Mainlobby environment? When I first tried the TC Shopping List script a couple of years ago, I could not get the VR reliable enough to implement with both myself and wife using it. It would be nice to set this up on a Mainlobby touchscreen in my kitchen and use the touchscreen for access vs using VR.

I also recently purchased a barcode scanner and was hoping to scan kitchen items before trashing them to generate a shopping list.

Anybody out there having success with with either of the above???
    Bump...

Is anyone even using this application? How about responding to this forum? Is Tom Caldwell still out there?

Leave a comment:

• Xtension
    replied
    TC ShopList Removal

Does anyone know how to completely uninstall TC ShopList?

Leave a comment:

• sportera
    replied
    Use in Mainlobby without VR

Is anyone out there using this application in a Mainlobby environment? When I first tried the TC Shopping List script a couple of years ago, I could not get the VR reliable enough to implement with both myself and wife using it. It would be nice to set this up on a Mainlobby touchscreen in my kitchen and use the touchscreen for access vs using VR.

I also recently purchased a barcode scanner and was hoping to scan kitchen items before trashing them to generate a shopping list.

Anybody out there having success with with either of the above???

Leave a comment:

• sportera
    replied
    Can someone point me to a barcode scanner link that works well with the TC Shopping List plugin? For the first time my wife is "asking" me to implement an application that will allow her to scan a shopping list from groceries we normally use. She saw some TV show where they were scanning barcodes of discarded and empty cans, bags, boxes, etc., just before trashing, after cooking a meal, to generate a shopping list. I like those round scanners that sit on a flat surface (not the ones you hold in your hand).

I fooled around with this application a year ago but could never get the VR to work well enough for the wife to use it.

I'm hoping a barcode scanner upgrade will be simple enough to generate a shopping list simply by "scan it before you trash it". And I do hope I misread the above post stating "hit enter" after scanning. I wouldn't expect to need a keyboard in the kitchen to "hit enter" after each scan.

Anybody out there got this set up with a barcode scanner that the wife "scans it and trashes it", then dumps shopping list to printer before going to groceries.

Leave a comment:

• fselan
    replied
    I tried the software and (while it is good) I've decided it is not what I want. How do you you completely unistall the plug-in?

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Cloud 9 Entertainment
    replied
    Maybe an around the world cruise or something.

Leave a comment:

• misraels
    replied
    Originally posted by Cloud 9 Entertainment View Post
    Hi Tom Caldwell are you still making any updates to tcshopping list as I have a few suggestions.
    Thanks.

It would be great to hear from Tom, but he hasn't responded on some of his other apps for a bit. His last post was Dec. 20, so perhaps he is on extended vacation or something.

Leave a comment:

• Cloud 9 Entertainment
    replied
    Hi Tom Caldwell are you still making any updates to tcshopping list as I have a few suggestions.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• lpitman
    replied
    Error trying to save ShoppingList Db

When I try to Edit Db, I get an error:

Script error: Syntax error in UPDATE statement.

cmd.Execute
    Count = Count + 1

any idea?

Also would the version of mdb cause any issues, because I am using Office2000 and I notice your db is 97 ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X