HS2 As a service error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS2 As a service error

I am partially answering my own question below. I changed the service to run as a domain account & everything worked. I don't know why a local system account won't work.

So, at this point everything works with the startSpeakerApp & termSpeakerApp ran as or not as a service.

I posted scripts to the HS2 Script Library for starting & shuting down the Speaker app when HS2 starts & stops. It works OK when HS2 is not ran as a service. But, I get the error shown below when HS2 is ran as a service.

Any thoughts?

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( .NET Runtime ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: .NET Runtime version 1.1.4322.2032- Speaker.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services: Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0x17ec (6124), Thread id=0x10e4 (4324).

Click OK to terminate the application.
    Click CANCEL to debug the application..
    Last edited by cactsbob; December 27, 2005, 03:57 PM.

As far I know speaker.exe does not work under the system account, because it will not get access to the soundcard drivers, becuase this is considered as external/network access wich is not allowed for the system account.
    I never played with running HS as a service with user account yet. Does it really start speaker, even when there is no local user acitve on the machine? e.a is there sound while the machine is waiting for the logon of a user?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi Wim,

Yes, it does send speech to the speakers when HS2 is running as a service. I have modified this post three times because I wasn't consistant in my testing. But, I just tested everthing as a service & speech was sent to the speakers with the HS2 service loggin in as a domain\user.

I don't use VR so I haven't tested VR.

It would be good for somebody else to do some testing.

I haven't been able to get the speaker to start up interactively when running as a service. In the past I have had programs start through HS1.7 & start interactively. I'll keep working.

But, for now the speaker does start using the scriipts posted & it will send speech to the speakers.
      Last edited by cactsbob; December 28, 2005, 11:11 AM.

Comment

I will try an play with the speaker on my computer then. It will take a while though, because I will not be much in the house. I hope this weekend I can tell you a bit more on my findings and if I can reproduce the error.

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk
          I will try an play with the speaker on my computer then. It will take a while though, because I will not be much in the house. I hope this weekend I can tell you a bit more on my findings and if I can reproduce the error.

Wim

Please let us know how your testing goes. I am running the scripts ok with HS2 as a service as long as I use a domain accout as the service logon.

Comment

Working...
          X