Network Script?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network Script?

I've had the network script running for some time now and like it alot !!!!!!!!
    I noticed however, that the computer that the script is running on is never updated? Seems that the computer that the script runs from should be updated as well? I guess this would mean that the computer would have to ping itself, which seems feasible to me. Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated !!!!!!! Thanks in advance for your help !!!!!!!!

Rick,
    Which script are you referring to?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hello Rupp,

I'm referring to the script that pings each computer on the network and lets you know its status. Lets you know how long system has been offline or online. Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Are you refering to network_monitor.txt?

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari
          Hello Rupp,

I'm referring to the script that pings each computer on the network and lets you know its status. Lets you know how long system has been offline or online. Thanks again for the help.
          Rick is it that script I helped you with? There are litterally a dozen of more network scripts/plugins/etc floating around on the BB.

Comment

There was a Device Manager plugin that did that and let you put in unique images for devices and status.

Not sure if it is available for HS2 though.

Comment

UltraJones just made a UltraMon plugin with the same features.

stipus
              --
              stipus

Comment

Rupp,
                Yes, this is the one you helped me with. It is the network status script. I'm just trying to determine why the computer that the script is running on can't ping itself to get the status? I suspect all the other scripts and plug-ins would have the same issue? Seems that the computer that the script is running on should be able to ping itself? Let me know if I am in error here. I like this script because it is simple and except for this one issue does everything I need it to do. Thanks again for all the help !!!!!!!! I am running Homeseer Version 1.7.

Comment

Rick,
                  I'm not sure what going on but I run the script on my Hs server and it pings my server just fine. Do you get an error?

Comment

Rupp,
                    I'll turn logging back on for this event and see if it says anything. Also, the computer that the script is running on is a Windows 98 System. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it or not? Also, I'll check to make sure that the IP Address of the Windows 98 Computer hasn't changed. I'll let you know what I find and thanks much for all the help !!!!!!!

Comment

I turned the logging function back on for the networkstatus script event, but there were no errors when the status script runs. I have the event set to run every 15 minutes. There are three other computers on the network and it pings and updates the status display just fine. Is there something I can do to isolate down what the problem might be with the computer that is running the script? Is there some test script that could be used to see if the computer is actually being pinged properly? I guess I could also change the "Ping" order of the computers in the script to see if that has any affect on the operation? Let me know what you think and thanks again for all the help !!!!! For all I know the computer is being "pinged" and the status is just not updating. Seems there should be a way to test for this?

Comment

What is the device string for the device for the local machine (does it match the actual IP of the local machine)?

You might try using "127.0.0.1" then if you get the same results, try using the actual IP of the local machine.

What do you get when you go to a command prompt on the local machine and type:
                        ping 127.0.0.1
                        Does it respond?
                        Any chance this is XP with the firewall turned on or a firewall application running on this machine such as ZoneAlarm?
                        Just some thoughts...
                        Jay

Comment

Hello Rupp,
                          First of all, I want to wish you and your families a very HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!! Next, I think I have determined what is going on with the network status script. The computer that the script is running on when powered down, has no way of executing the script of course and updating the status. When the computer is rebooted or started up again, the last status it sees is that it was online, so no status date or icons are updated. I determined this by powering the computer down several times and waiting an appropriate length of time before powering up, and the computer status date and time in the network status screen is the same date that the script was first run on the computer. Is there a way, say in the shutdown script to capture the date and time the computer is shut down and update the status of the computer that way. This way, when the computer comes back up again, it will see that the last status when shutdown was offline and then after the script executes again, it will pick up the online state and the correct date and time the computer came back on line. Not sure how this would be handled in the shutdown script however? Maybe the resolution would be to ping the computer in its startup scripts and update the status from there? Take care and hope the new year has started out great for you and yours !!!!!! Take care and God Bless !!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X