Scroll at the bottom of tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scroll at the bottom of tv

I would like to be able to have a scroll across the bottom of my TV when using the MCE box for updates, Like the telephone number that is calling or motion detected at back door, etc.

I am running Homeseer on the same computer

Is this possible?

Thanks

Thom

I use the xAP MCE node from xAPFramework.net. It does not scroll, but provices a semitransparent popup justified in the lower right that fades away after a specified time. The style of the popup looks just like native MCE. I have new email sender/source for a few seconds, CID for about 10, breaking news and fault monitors for a somewhat longer period.

Comment

I am so confused on XAP I have tried to understad it but it seems really complicated.

Is it.

Thanks

Thom

Comment

I would equate it on par with Scripting. You can make it complicated if you want or you can do "out of the box" stuff.

There is a step by step instruction to setup messages on MCE based upon email on xAPFramework.net. Use the installer that is downloaded for each of the three .NET components (MCE, Email Monitor, Email Display). It is just like istalling any type of software with a few prompts to answer and a few setting to handle local environment.

For these three you do not need to have HS involved at all and all you have to do is run the installers and a few settings. The monitor goes to your ISP's mail and looks for new messages at the interval you select. When it finds something it sends an xAP message on the LAN. The Email display node is listening for this type of message and formats it for display and generates a second xAP message. Display messages are recognized by the MCE node and it does its magic to cause it to show on the TV.

If you want HS to be aware of what is going on then add a xAP plugin to HS. Just like adding an Insteon, UPB, Thermostat, or any other. HS can then send xAP messages for display or listen for email notifications, or anything else that talks xAP. It is the swiss army knife of plugins since so many different and varied things are implemented with xAP communications. If you wanted to send a notification for TV display from HS you would define an event as to when it would be sent and then in the xAP tab of the event provide the message parameters in the GUI text boxes.

The prerequisites for operation is the .NET framework for nodes that are developed in .NET and a xAP hub on each computer. Sometimes an xAP node will serve as a hub if it does not find one, but this is not always the case. Everything on xAPFramework.net is .NET. Most others use older technologies for development. The MCE node it must run on the MCE computer. The HS plugin must run on the same computer as HS. It is generally the case the xAP nodes can run on any computer and they can be moved without need for any configuration changes.

You will generally find xAP nodes very modular so as a message is broadcast over the LAN the nodes that have value to add will be able to make their contribution. They can also be pretty complex such as mcsSprinklers which is also an xAP node.

Comment

Working...
        X