very simple script command question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very simple script command question

I have upgraded to 2052 and now I get a dialog saying my scripts are taking to long. Am I correct that hs.waitsecs is supposed to keep a script from timing out?

I have a script that is called from the startup script that loads my 5 speaker clients. From trial and error I found i needed to put a 5 second wait between each launch command or I get occasional errors in the speaker clients. (at least with prior builds) The script is simple example follows

hs.launch "c:\program files\homeseer 2\speaker.exe"
    hs.waitsecs 5
    hs.launch "c:\program files\homeseer 2\speaker.exe","zone 1"
    hs.waitsecs 5

on to load 3 more speaker clients, then I do the same to start mlserver and then mainlobby. I have a script for my gate opener as well which has a 60 second delay if the gate is opened from the keypad. It times out as well and causes problems with the gate.

Any Ideas?

Jack
    Over The Hill
    What Hill?
    Where?
    When?
    I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Ok, I deceased the value to 3 seconds in my script called from startup.txt and the timeout dialog is gone, but this doesn;t help with my other scripts, especially my gate script which is triggered by a relay closing on gate activation, then has a 60 second delay and then triggers a close. Once that dialog box comes up everything gets totally out of sync

I guess my other question is how do I go backwards, 2043 didn't have this issue
    Over The Hill
    What Hill?
    Where?
    When?

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

If you do not want that message popping up you can set the scripts can not time out option in the general options to yes. This will prevent the script from timing out.
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks Rupp,

I forgot about that. Lets see if it works

Jack
        Over The Hill
        What Hill?
        Where?
        When?

Comment

Working...
        X