Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Horoscope Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horoscope Script

Someone had mentioned in the forums about a Horoscope script not functioning, so I got thinking this might be a nice addition to HS as well as another chance to try out my programming skills.
    Attached is a script that will pull a single horoscope from http://www.astrology.com/ and assign the results to a specific HC UC combination.

The only modifications that have to be made are all kept in a user defined section as shown here.

' ************************************
    ' User Configuration Section

HoroscopeHCUC = "z6" 'Horoscope Results HouseCode UnitCode to use
    Horoscope_Sign = "ARIES" 'Horoscope Sign to locate

' end of user configuration section
    ' ************************************

The information, complete with sign will be posted to your assigned HCUC. Below I have shown both Aries (z6) and Scorpio (z7). Save your file name with the appropriate Horoscope Sign if you have multiple signs to look at, as I do.

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 )><TBODY><TR><TD class=tablecellcustom>ARIES - A double dose of good fortune is about to appear in a sector of your life that you had previously declared a disaster area. It just goes to show you never know -- and that you should always keep your chin up. </TD></TR><TR><TD class=tablecellcustom>SCORPIO - Finding fulfillment is easy when you think about the greater good. Not only will this help you focus your considerable talents, but also you'll find that a project that serves others helps galvanize your energy.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Enjoy!

Steven
    Attached Files
Working...
X