Wunderground Script (Weather) Version 1.00 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wunderground Script (Weather) Version 1.00 Discussion

This is the discussion thread for the Wunderground Script. Let me know if you have any questions or problems.

Thread for the information and files is here:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=111452

Toby
    Last edited by kuntakintay; February 28, 2006, 09:17 PM.
    HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

This is working great! Only problem is now I can't justify getting my own weather station. Many Thanks

One question, would it be possible to have it update the time each device last changed?
    Last edited by ; June 24, 2006, 09:13 AM.

Comment

LoL! I hear you, I may just do it anyway...

Off the top of my head, I dont know if the status update time can be manually set on a virtual device... That would be nice though, let me look more into it and give you a more educated answer this afternoon. If its not too much of a pain, Ill post a script update.
      HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

Originally posted by kuntakintay
        LoL! I hear you, I may just do it anyway...

Off the top of my head, I dont know if the status update time can be manually set on a virtual device... That would be nice though, let me look more into it and give you a more educated answer this afternoon. If its not too much of a pain, Ill post a script update.
        When you set the device string simply follow it with true and it will update the device status change time field. Like
        hs.setDeviceString "A1", "hot", true
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

A question-I set this up and it works good except I noticed the rain part is off. I went here-http://www.wunderground.com/weathers...sp?ID=KIAWEBB1

I looked at the Daily stats and it had .03in in rain but my devices both say 0.
          Also in the next box is the monthly stuff. Would love to have a device for total rain for the month.

Thanx
          Tim
          FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Originally posted by fungun
            A question-I set this up and it works good except I noticed the rain part is off. I went here-http://www.wunderground.com/weathers...sp?ID=KIAWEBB1

I looked at the Daily stats and it had .03in in rain but my devices both say 0.
            Also in the next box is the monthly stuff. Would love to have a device for total rain for the month.

Thanx
            Tim
            Tim,

The only measurement included in the csv file (hence the plugin) is hourly rain. If you look at the csv you will see there was a reading of .01 in of rain for 3 hours in a row, but then after that 0.00. Because the plugin updates on a regular basis, it only reads the most recent reading here. Unfortunately the plugin is limited to the data that it reads. I would recommend using weatherxml plugin to pull rain, condition, and forecast data instead of wunderground...

Comment

Just to make things easier, I set each virtual device in the new version to have a status of "Not available for this weatherstation" instead of "0" for any field that the weatherstation you use doesnt report (such as daily rainfall). If there is data for it, it will show a value. If not, its not the plugin's fault, rather that capacity isnt available through the weatherstation you pull data from. The Last Change (requested by Tim) I believe already was working (it only changes if the value has changed, so for example if it is 106 degrees at 10:50, and at 11:01 it's still 106, it doesnt show the new time for when it last checked, rather when the last data change occured. You can see the date and time the data on wunderground was updated by the remote weatherstation in the datelastupdated and timelastupdated virtual device the plugin creates.

Hope this helps. I will post the latest script versions in the main file group which can be found here...

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=111452

Toby

Comment

Originally posted by kuntakintay
                Just to make things easier, I set each virtual device in the new version to have a status of "Not available for this weatherstation" instead of "0" for any field that the weatherstation you use doesnt report (such as daily rainfall).
                It isn't going to show no data if there is no rainfall and the station does support it will it. Will it differentiate between no data and 0 value?

Comment

It differentiates... If the data isnt available, it is shown as "" in the csv file that gets pulled down. If it is available, it shows "0" or "0.00". I live in AZ, and shows 0 for hourly precip but not available for daily precip (which the weatherstation doesnt support).

Toby

Comment

I have been getting an error. It happens on both version to date.

6/27/2006 9:50:00 AM ~!~Info~!~Event Trigger "WUnderground Update Data"
                    6/27/2006 9:50:00 AM ~!~Info~!~Running script in background: wunderground.asp
                    6/27/2006 9:50:00 AM ~!~Error~!~Getting URL using IE, could not create IE object: Cannot create ActiveX component.
                    6/27/2006 9:50:00 AM ~!~Error~!~Running script, script run or compile error in file: wunderground.asp5:Invalid procedure call or argument: 'instrRev' in line 11 More info: Invalid procedure call or argument: 'instrRev'

Any ideas?

Comment

MeSteve,

What version of homeseer are you running? Do you have the Active Server Pages portion of windows installed (IIS, and ASP components need to be installed through start, settings, control panel, add/remove programs, add/remove windows components, iis) in order to run asp pages. I would also recommend checking to ensure your version of windows has all the latest windows updates.

Comment

also, one note if the data is not available for the weatherstation, it will obviously bomb. This happens from time to time for me, maybe once a week...

Comment

I think I figured it out. I am betting it is when there is no one logged on. Let you know with more testing.

Comment

Check out the new (as far as I know) wunderground object that can be embedded in your own web page.

<object width="600" height="400"><param name="movie" value="http://www.wunderground.com/swf/Rapid_Fire.swf?units=both&station=KWIMANIT3" /><embed src="http://www.wunderground.com/swf/Rapid_Fire.swf?units=both&station=KWIMANIT3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="400" /></object>
                            John

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybwis
                              Check out the new (as far as I know) wunderground object that can be embedded in your own web page.
                              John,
                              On FF I was missing all the detail in the buttons and wind direction compass (I only know what this "should" have been because I've been trying to capture it in my web pages forever). When I fired up IE, the buttons and frames still don't fill in with background data. Speaking of backgrounds, they were different in both windows... one was clouds below and above and the other was of a sunset. Is this your page or Wunderground's doing? Oh... the graph part does work; just no units or scale.

Comment

Working...
                              X