Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pcgeek View Post
    I am getting the same error.

8/21/2008 7:52:25 PM - Error - Running script, script run or compile error in file: wunderground.asp5:Invalid procedure call or argument: 'instrRev' in line 11 More info: Invalid procedure call or argument: 'instrRev'

Any ideas?
    Check to see of your weather station is down. Happens to me quite often.

Comment

Hi
      I am geting simular error as this on my computer to when I try to run the install script...
      I dont quite understand where I am suposed to change the values to my housecode and loc ?
      Any chance you could enter this in the 3 files that I need to copy in to HS for me?

I would like to use housecode W and start on # 30
      the loc for mu local weaterstation is KCAMURRI11

thanks

Arild

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
        I sent them a trouble ticket about it and waiting for an answer. I am registered with wunderground weather and looked all over for this information and even did searches of the web site and no luck. So I will see what the trouble ticket does. I cant believe no one else has had he problem or give ideas on where you find the answers you need.
        Well we will see what happens with the trouble ticket and share my information with others.
        Daniel,

This is not a HS supported plugin, so I am sure your trouble ticket got ignored. This was just something I put together a long time ago for others to use.

Config info is at the beginning of this thread. Ill repost for those that are having issues.
        HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

Originally posted by arskrett View Post
          Hi
          I am geting simular error as this on my computer to when I try to run the install script...
          I dont quite understand where I am suposed to change the values to my housecode and loc ?
          Any chance you could enter this in the 3 files that I need to copy in to HS for me?

I would like to use housecode W and start on # 30
          the loc for mu local weaterstation is KCAMURRI11

thanks

Arild
          Install information copied from the file thread... Information to assist you is bolded...

This is a script package to pull Wunderground Weatherstation data into HomeSeer and display in virtual devices.

Contained in this package are 3 files.

wunderground.ini (goes in config folder)
          wunderground.asp (goes in scripts folder)
          wunderground_install.asp (goes in scripts folder)

After unzipping, you will need to go and change the location data (and housecode/devicecode fields if you wish) to your local wunderground weatherstationid. More information can be found in the wunderground.ini file on how to locate this.

After you have made the changes, create a temp event and set it to run script wunderground_install.asp and select test (you can delete this test event after running the wunderground_install.asp script. This script will create an event to check the wunderground station data every 5 minutes (you can change to less frequency if you wish) , and it will set up virtual devices to display the data.

I have left the data results very generic for using these housecodes with any other scripts/events you wish to build... Feel free to poke around and change the data if you are up to a little scripting...

The discussion thread for this Script is here:
          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=111451

Many thanks to Rupp for his direct assistance with pulling and parsing the data, and the designers of the NOAAWeather and XMLWeather packages for letting me steal some code, using ideas and methods to set up devices, events, etc.

I built this for a direct need for automating my outdoor lighting to disable when windspeeds are high (false motion sensor issues), but as I was working on it figured someone else may find this useful so I put it together as a package. I hope you find this useful.

Toby
          HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

Hi!

It looks like I'm not going to be able to afford a weather station any time soon, so pulling local data in from wunderground would be really cool. I like the looks of your script, but... I see it contains the dreaded "geturlie", which is now a death sentence for any host with IE7 or IE8 that uses it.

Kuntakintay, is there any possibility that you might be updating the script to replace the "geturlie" with something else?

Thanks,
            Chris

Comment

Keeper
              The Wunderground personal weather station data is now avaliable from them via RSS feed. I use it in HSTouch.

Originally posted by The Keeper View Post
              Hi!

It looks like I'm not going to be able to afford a weather station any time soon, so pulling local data in from wunderground would be really cool. I like the looks of your script, but... I see it contains the dreaded "geturlie", which is now a death sentence for any host with IE7 or IE8 that uses it.

Kuntakintay, is there any possibility that you might be updating the script to replace the "geturlie" with something else?

Thanks,
              Chris

Comment

Originally posted by The Keeper View Post
                Hi!

Thanks,
                Chris
                Hi Chris,

I wish I could, but frankly I have not kept up with the coding side of things and dont know .net, just vb6... Now I manage the developers/projects and dont code anymore... ;-) And I havent used the script in ages... Sorry

If anyone else is using it, feel free to have at it though...

Comment

Ok, completely understandable. No problem, thanks anyway. Looks like there might be other ways to pull that data into HS, so I'll pursue those.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                  X