Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

I can't use the MediaPlay command with URLs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't use the MediaPlay command with URLs

Hi,

I want to hear radios from Internet using these two commands:

hs.mediafilename = "mms://200.59.146.10/radioblue-ba"
    hs.mediaplay

And I receive the following message in the Log:

Error Playing media on Media Player, File 'mms://200.59.146.10/radioblue-ba' not found.

I tested with a simple wav file located in the same computer where HS is running:

hs.mediafilename = "C:\Archivos de programa\HomeSeer 2\wave\PPA.wav"
    hs.mediaplay

and it's working fine.

I made another test with a wav file comming from an URL:

hs.mediafilename = "http://212.8.184.250/realspeak/files/geyjezgl.wav"
    hs.mediaplay

And I receive another error in the Log file:

Error Playing media on Media Player, File 'http://212.8.184.250/realspeak/files/geyjezgl.wav' not found.

It's seems to be that mediafilename doesn't support URLs although in the documentations says clearly: "This function sets the file name or URL that is to played using the Windows media player."

Please let me know if this is an error in the documentation, a bug in HS, or something that I'm doing wrong.

I'm using HS 2.0.2041.0

Thanks in Advance,

I would file a help ticket on this.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Rupp... Let me know when it is fixed.

Comment

I was asking you to open up a help request.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

How Rupp?... I never did this... Could you help me on this procedure?

Comment

The best way is to select Help > System Information and at the bottom of the page is a link Create A New Helpdesk Ticket and Add This Information. Select this and add your problem description.
            -Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

Rupp, Just to update you on this to close the loop. Today I receive an answer from the Homeseer's Help Desk. The complete answer was:

"Sorry for the confusion but the documentation is indeed in error. The hs.Mediaxxx functions are designed to work with media on your local computers. The Windows Media Player plug-in for HomeSeer does have a PlayURL command and does support what you want to do. I will update the documentation to correct this."

As you can see there is not a bug and there is an error in the documentation.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Thanks. I saw where Rick had replied to that ticket.
                -Rupp
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X