• Show
Clear All

I can't use the MediaPlay command with URLs

Hi,

I want to hear radios from Internet using these two commands:

hs.mediafilename = "mms://200.59.146.10/radioblue-ba"
    hs.mediaplay

And I receive the following message in the Log:

Error Playing media on Media Player, File 'mms://200.59.146.10/radioblue-ba' not found.

I tested with a simple wav file located in the same computer where HS is running:

hs.mediafilename = "C:\Archivos de programa\HomeSeer 2\wave\PPA.wav"
    hs.mediaplay

and it's working fine.

I made another test with a wav file comming from an URL:

hs.mediafilename = "http://212.8.184.250/realspeak/files/geyjezgl.wav"
    hs.mediaplay

And I receive another error in the Log file:

Error Playing media on Media Player, File 'http://212.8.184.250/realspeak/files/geyjezgl.wav' not found.

It's seems to be that mediafilename doesn't support URLs although in the documentations says clearly: "This function sets the file name or URL that is to played using the Windows media player."

Please let me know if this is an error in the documentation, a bug in HS, or something that I'm doing wrong.

I'm using HS 2.0.2041.0

Thanks in Advance,

I would file a help ticket on this.
    πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Thanks Rupp... Let me know when it is fixed.

Comment

I was asking you to open up a help request.
        πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

How Rupp?... I never did this... Could you help me on this procedure?

Comment

The best way is to select Help > System Information and at the bottom of the page is a link Create A New Helpdesk Ticket and Add This Information. Select this and add your problem description.

Comment

Rupp, Just to update you on this to close the loop. Today I receive an answer from the Homeseer's Help Desk. The complete answer was:

"Sorry for the confusion but the documentation is indeed in error. The hs.Mediaxxx functions are designed to work with media on your local computers. The Windows Media Player plug-in for HomeSeer does have a PlayURL command and does support what you want to do. I will update the documentation to correct this."

As you can see there is not a bug and there is an error in the documentation.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Thanks. I saw where Rick had replied to that ticket.

Comment

Working...
                X