Wakemeup VR Script updated for multiple users and 2.0 compatible Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wakemeup VR Script updated for multiple users and 2.0 compatible Discussion

This is the discussion thread for the Wakemeup VR Script updated for multiple users and 2.0 compatible script in HS2 script library.

The files and detailed information for the script are available HERE:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...707#post701707

-Toby
    HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

I have been checking this out. It is really cool! Couple things I found:

I adds the actual event to run the second script twice!

It says Okay twice on the final question

And shouldn't it delete the event it creates after it is done? Or could the script ask whether or not this is an everyday event or once only?

I am by no means a programmer so all I can do is ask and suggest.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by zippy
      I have been checking this out. It is really cool! Couple things I found:

I adds the actual event to run the second script twice!

It says Okay twice on the final question

And shouldn't it delete the event it creates after it is done? Or could the script ask whether or not this is an everyday event or once only?

I am by no means a programmer so all I can do is ask and suggest.

Thanks.
      Doesnt do those things for me (and the event it creates to wakeup at a certain time delete after they are run for me). Do you have your 4 profiles named differently? Did you set up the event properly (directions are in the other thread)? Is voice recognition working properly? What version of HS are you running?

Agree, it would be nice to set up an everyday, weekday, weekend thing, and have noticed some things like naming the created event to contain the name of the user you are waking up, etc... just no time to develop it (and remember, I just put it together from several non-functioning scripts). If anyone wants to add features feel free to make the script changes and post them here... If I ever get free time or get my 1000 other automation projects completed, ill add the features myself.

Toby
      HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

My fault! I re read the directions fixed what I missed and it works fine now.

Thanks much!

Comment

Compile Error

I have run the script after making the suggested alterations, and receive the following error:

25/04/2006 22:47:13 - Error - Running script, script run or compile error in file: WakeMeUp.txt5:Invalid procedure call or argument: 'Mid' in line 31 More info: Invalid procedure call or argument: 'Mid'

Checked my alterations, and the event names etc. and seem to be okay. Must be something I've done, wrong, but it's the first script I've tried so I guess I don't reallyknow what I'm doing!

HS reads the correct wakeup time and name back to me over the phone, but cannot actually create the event.

Does anyone know how to cure this?

Comment

Not sure. I rarely set it manually, so not sure if a version upgrade has caused problems. I will look into it tomorrow to confirm its still working correctly on my system. If not, Ill troubleshoot it.

What version of HS are you running?

Toby

Comment

I'm on version 2014.

Comment

I have confirmed that there is a problem with the hs.wait... part of the script where it waits for a voice response for today or tomorrow, but this only impacts beta 2.1 users. 2041 is working fine. The MID error you referred to is an error that something that the script is looking for in either the name of the individual events or voice command you are announcing is missing... You may want to go back through and ensure your events for the individual users are named exactly what the script is looking for. I detailed this process in the non-discussion post for this script.

If you run back through the instructions and are still having problems, let me know. I have submitted a ticket to HS for the other hs.wait... issue and will post what I find out here...

Comment

PS - I didnt ever test this over HS phone, I use the speaker app exclusively for vr. I would assume it works similarly, but cant confirm it.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. When I set it up, I used the HiPhone to run it. (I usually use this for VR as with other things it seems less prone to background noise.)

After your post, I tried it again using the speaker app, and it works fine, so I guess it's a problem with the HiPhone.

What is odd, is that it works fine with the speaker app, but if you then try the phone, the speaker app. packs up listening for VR and won't reset. You have to restart HS, and then it all goes back to normal.(Until you use the phone for VR again that is!).

I guess that's more likely to be a glitch in HS Phone. Anyway, thanks again, it's a good script. I will have to changeover to using the speaker app more regularly for things in future. (I should really move into the 21st century sooner or later I guess!)

Comment

I have the same problem with HSPhone. It runs till it asks for today or tomorrow and then it asks it through the speaker and not through the phone device. So it never can get an answer from the phone connection and the script runs for ever or times out (which requires manual intervention to kill). I have to figure out how to force the device it uses for communication and VR. I believe you can use SpeakEx instead and specify a device number. Let me see if I can get it working...

Comment

Ok. I got it working by replacing the "hs.speak" commands with "system.speak" I also had the change the LogText concatenation to change ":" to "-" since HS complained of an illegal character in the event name. I also had to add a hs.enableevent logtext after the event creation since I have events initially disabled on creation in the HS setup.

Very cool script! Thanks for the work getting it to work for HS2 and multiple users.

Comment

Originally posted by gbdesai
                          Ok. I got it working by replacing the "hs.speak" commands with "system.speak" I also had the change the LogText concatenation to change ":" to "-" since HS complained of an illegal character in the event name. I also had to add a hs.enableevent logtext after the event creation since I have events initially disabled on creation in the HS setup.

Very cool script! Thanks for the work getting it to work for HS2 and multiple users.
                          I worked with HS support staff to get the script working properly with the 2.1 beta software. I cam currently running the .63 version (not sure if its publicly available yet) and made some mods to the script. If you remark out the hs.startlisten commands and put in hs.waitsecs 1 after each hs.waitevents line, it should work properly... Attached is my working script to show excatly what has changed. The next public release of the beta version should clear up the speaker issues too...

Toby
                          Attached Files

Comment

I updated the original script install page with the changed files for 2.1 users. You will need to edit the scripts to your environment (profile names, etc...)

Comment

Thanks for the update, but I am running .68 and it doesn't work, I get a freeze up after it asks me for today or tomorrow. I went back to my modified version, which takes the last version you had up and leaves it alone except all hs.speak commands get changed to system.speak (which allows it to work properly with HSPhone). Everything works great.

Comment

Working...
                              X