Making Phone call via VR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making Phone call via VR

Has anyone tried to initiate a voice call (via HS2 modem or otherwise), using VR (without picking up the phone)? Here's what I want to do:

Have a manual event called "Make Call" or similar with a voice command of "Call <DICTATION/>+" or similar, ie, "Call Bob Jones". The script would then look through the address book for a match, and if there are multiple numbers respond back with Mobile (Cell for you American guys), Work, Home etc (or maybe this could be in the voice command) and then dial the number.

I think I can work the script, but just not sure how the dictation would work with names.

Would appreciate input from anyone out there!

Thanks

Martin

Anyone out there?

Anyone? I can't be the first to do this, surely? Anyone have any ideas even if they haven't done it?

Comment

How can you initiate a call if the phone is on hook?
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

Rupp

From your post, I'm guessing that I can't use the HS PCI modem... However, I have an AP400 which I can hook up the telephone too which will allow me to dial a number with the phone on hook.

Actaully, can't all modems dial a number with the phone on hook? How are faxes sent via modem? Skype out can also initiate calls via voice without the need to pick up the phone as with other "phone" software.

I would have thought the same thing was possible via the HS PCI modem given that it has a mic (or hands free) input and a speaker connection. Can't HS dial out without someone lifting the handset? I'm rather hoping it can - it's for my borther-in-law who can't handle a phone.

Martin

Comment

The PCI modem can dial with the phone on-hook as long as you route your houses phone line into the modem and then out to the rest of the phones in your house.
          HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

Great - that's how I've got it set up. But has anyone got any example scripts? How does the voice enabled dialling flag work in this situation? Surely this is what it's for?

Comment

Making and answering phone calls with VR

This thread is a bit old, but MyApp, did you ever get anywhere with this effort? I'm trying to implement this too, and I'd love to get any feedback from you or others who have managed to do it.

Comment

Making calls with VR

I got this to work. The trick is that I was already using a Gentner AP800 to manage the incoming sound from all of my microphones. Gentner makes a sister device called the AP10. I picked one up on eBay for $150. The AP10 integrates a phone line into the AP800. The AP10 is controllable through the AP800 with a comparable command set. I enhanced Dantelope's AP800 script to include support for the AP10. It's actually quite easy to make it all work with the AP10.

Comment

Working...
                X